brother of player goes on court to argue no-call in Providence - Marquette game today (vid)

i wondered if it was a relative or not... saw it on sportscenter at a bar so i couldnt hear what it was all about or who it was

^^yea dudes eye was closed shut, he was screaming in pain leaving the court. kept dropping f bombs

it wasn't even a "hit" technically... dude threw his face into a guys arm that was straight up in the air, and his bro wants to get all offendedbecause dude can't keep his face from getting bruised up on inanimate objects?
laugh.gif

ban that guy from the arena for life... what a joker.

I had something like this happen to me when I was younger.

A dude was holding me the whole quarter in the 1st quarter, and I started jawing to him for a while, and he hit me with an elbow in the stomach on a rebound.We had the last possession, and on the shot at the buzzer I got dirty as hell and lit dude up with a bow to his face. The whole crowd saw it, but nothing wascalled.

As I'm walking back to the huddle, I can hear a hubub going on behind me, and I turn around and a guy is coming after me. Before he got to me peoplestopped him and he ended up getting into a scuffle with the referee and then got ejected from the game.

I talked to my boy who I played AAU ball with who was on the other team and he gave me the low down. The dude I hit was in a serious car accident a coupleyears prior, and had all types of facial reconstruction surgeries, and I just went and leveled him in the jaw. The dude that came after me was his uncle, andhe was pissed, and for good reason. I always felt bad about that, and I never apologized to the dude.

As for this video. Dude called a timeout. Hilarious.

Originally Posted by hugebird

I had something like this happen to me when I was younger.

A dude was holding me the whole quarter in the 1st quarter, and I started jawing to him for a while, and he hit me with an elbow in the stomach on a rebound. We had the last possession, and on the shot at the buzzer I got dirty as hell and lit dude up with a bow to his face. The whole crowd saw it, but nothing was called.

As I'm walking back to the huddle, I can hear a hubub going on behind me, and I turn around and a guy is coming after me. Before he got to me people stopped him and he ended up getting into a scuffle with the referee and then got ejected from the game.

I talked to my boy who I played AAU ball with who was on the other team and he gave me the low down. The dude I hit was in a serious car accident a couple years prior, and had all types of facial reconstruction surgeries, and I just went and leveled him in the jaw. The dude that came after me was his uncle, and he was pissed, and for good reason. I always felt bad about that, and I never apologized to the dude.

As for this video. Dude called a timeout. Hilarious.
I don't think you were in the wrong. He elbowed you first.

My homie holds me all the time when we're ballin, just to be stupid. One time I caught him with an elbow right to the forehead. Everybody else was askinghim if he was ok and stuff, I just walked away. He doesn't hold me anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by stima33

Dumb Gully enough to get a neck tattoo dumb gully enough to do that
I like how Xavier only starts getting mouthy after he realized what was happening. Like, my brother's pissed I got hurt, so I am too! Damnit!
roll.gif
roll.gif

I always felt bad about that, and I never apologized to the dude.
eek.gif
eek.gif

SuraEsco: HATELOVE

????

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

I always felt bad about that, and I never apologized to the dude.
eek.gif
eek.gif

SuraEsco: HATE LOVE

????

nerd.gif

Man, I'm ++##%+ up right now. The Eagles got my suicidal again. I'm sitting in my room doing serious damage to my liver right now. Ifigure if I'm about to commit that, better get all my ducks in my row and repent and **!+.

Watch the video again #21 hits Xavier in the eye area with his left hand as he is raising his arms and does not hit him with his elbow. Thats why the rightside of his face is red. But I don't think it was a dirty play though.

Originally Posted by hugebird

Man, I'm ++##%+ up right now. The Eagles got my suicidal again. I'm sitting in my room doing serious damage to my liver right now. I figure if I'm about to commit that, better get all my ducks in my row and repent and **!+.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Too bad about your iggles tho'

ohwell.gif

At least you still got 'Gody and Mac.

Xavier was hit inadvertently, but just because it was not intentional, doesn't mean it's not a foul. But for his brother to go out there allcasual-like was pretty damn funny to see.

Security obviously can't take dude lightly, and I'm sorry to say, but his skin color and puffy jacket were not helping matters.

this guy bad move after bad move....
smh.gif

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The brother of a Providence basketball player who ran onto the court to confront a referee was ordered held without bail Tuesday forallegedly violating his probation from a 2005 drug conviction.

http://sports.espn.go.com...3864397&story=3864193','Popup','width=640,height=550,scrollbars=no,noresize'); return false;">[+] Enlarge
ncb_a_providence_300.jpg

AP Photo/Michael DwyerJonathan Xavier, the brother of a Providence player, is led off by security after confronting a referee oncourt during the Friars' Jan. 17 game against Marquette.

Jonathan Xavier came down the stands and jumped over the Providence bench during a nationally televised game on Jan. 17 to confront a referee. He was upsetno foul was called after his brother, Providence guard Jeff Xavier, was hit in the face by a Marquette defender's arm while he was driving to thebasket.

Xavier, 24, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to the disorderly conduct charge. Bail for that charge was set at $10,000.

A hearing has been scheduled Feb. 10 for a judge to decide whether he also violated probation.

"I saw him on the court but that was an unfortunate situation. I wish none of that happened," Jeff Xavier, quoted in the Providence Journal, saidafter the game. "I just want to move forward."

State prosecutors said Xavier pleaded no contest in 2005 to three drug charges. He received a six-year sentence but only had to serve eight months, with theremainder suspended.

If a judge finds he violated the terms of probation, which required him to stay out of trouble, he could have to serve some or all of the remaining yearsbehind bars.

Providence officials said they would beef up security at games, posting uniformed police officers behind team benches.

First I seen the guy step on dudes head in the Houston/Arizona game, now this clown. The hell is goin on in college basketball?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom