Building Credit - What credit cards do you have?

I've been building up my credit since middle of high school. I recently graduated from college and I have the following cards:

Wells Fargo Visa
Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa (had this since high school)
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa (got 2 free roundtrip flights for signing up)
American Express Platinum 
+ Nordstroms, Macys, Best Buy, Target, Kohl's store cards.

I leveraged my new job/salary to increase my credit lines with most of the cards that I have had for a while. So my available credit is looking good.Looking to keep building up my credit so I can qualify for preferred auto lease/financing terms down the road.

Any recommendations on other cards? Looking to get 1 with a good rewards program for gas/groceries, other daily expenses. Citi Forward has 5x reward points on restaurants, movies, etc so that's top of my list right now.

I've been building up my credit since middle of high school. I recently graduated from college and I have the following cards:

Wells Fargo Visa
Bank of America Platinum Plus Visa (had this since high school)
Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Visa (got 2 free roundtrip flights for signing up)
American Express Platinum 
+ Nordstroms, Macys, Best Buy, Target, Kohl's store cards.

I leveraged my new job/salary to increase my credit lines with most of the cards that I have had for a while. So my available credit is looking good.Looking to keep building up my credit so I can qualify for preferred auto lease/financing terms down the road.

Any recommendations on other cards? Looking to get 1 with a good rewards program for gas/groceries, other daily expenses. Citi Forward has 5x reward points on restaurants, movies, etc so that's top of my list right now.

You got a lot of cards man...I hope you manage them well and have low balances. Honestly I think you have plenty of cards to get preferred financing. I mean I only have two cards a Capital One Card, and a Bank of America Visa. And i have credit for 3 years now, and when i bought my car two weeks ago I got tier 1 financing. So I dont think its the amount of cards you have, its how you manage those cards and how low you keep the balance.

You got a lot of cards man...I hope you manage them well and have low balances. Honestly I think you have plenty of cards to get preferred financing. I mean I only have two cards a Capital One Card, and a Bank of America Visa. And i have credit for 3 years now, and when i bought my car two weeks ago I got tier 1 financing. So I dont think its the amount of cards you have, its how you manage those cards and how low you keep the balance.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Yeah I actually have a 0 balance on my main four. Most store cards are idle, carrying a small balance on Best Buy. Having ran up my cards in the past, I learned how dangerous credit can be...and also seeing how people around me abused it (bankruptcy, debt, etc
sick.gif
)

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Yeah I actually have a 0 balance on my main four. Most store cards are idle, carrying a small balance on Best Buy. Having ran up my cards in the past, I learned how dangerous credit can be...and also seeing how people around me abused it (bankruptcy, debt, etc
sick.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom