Butchered Nike Retros Volume Internal Destruction

I would think that it is kind of obvious that we are all shoe nerds that care about this
kind of thing. We are talking to strangers on the internet about shoes after all...

you do realize if they drop a retro that was identical to the OG, that would kill the value of the OG. What would be the purpose of even having OGs? How would you tell the difference?

Idk about you but, I'd be pissed of i broke my neck to find some OG only to find that nike was dropping a pair that was identical.

A good majority of OG shoes are unwearable, so having a properly done retro would be like a godsend to most. A wearable AND affordable shoe,faithful to the original. If OGs decrease in value, so be it. Prices are outta control anyway. Anybody paying way over retail knows they're gettingscrewed, so they can't be too mad.

I was most disappointed with the Air Stab, I had a pair when they originally released, and loved them. Was happy to hear they were being retroed. Disappointed at what they did with it. They screwed up the shape, mostly crap colorways (they couldn't even get the OG colorway right)...just ain'tthe same. At this point I would much rather overpay resellers for vintage than buy anything new that Nike drops.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by Madhattan

more than the new shapes, its the quality of these new materials that is what really butchers some
of em more than others (like the Agassi's.)
agree, the fire red IIIs are another example. the leather quality on those are so disappointing compared to the retros from '01 and '03. I remember when the now "premium" labelled shoe was just a GR.
man.. nike please retro these hurarches.. colorways are SICK

Penny foams were official.

Godzilla CB34, official.

Those 92' hurachae trainers kapepper posted FFFFFFFFFFFIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I had those but in like a greyish/light blue & black colorway back in the day, and then I believe Nike retroed them and I picked them up again.

But, they have a hole in the front of them now so.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

you do realize if they drop a retro that was identical to the OG, that would kill the value of the OG. What would be the purpose of even having OGs? How would you tell the difference?

Idk about you but, I'd be pissed of i broke my neck to find some OG only to find that nike was dropping a pair that was identical.

This is the most played argument ever. Do you REALLY think Nike gives a damn about killing the value of the OG shoes? Do you really think the world'smost famous shoe corporation is worried about collectors? Hells no. The same can be said about Jordan Brand. Their bottomline is MONEY. They don't giveus what we want because of money. I chalk it up to this: with the OGs, Nike was on the comeup, so they had to show and prove with design AND quality. Nowthey've arrived, and they know heads are thirsty for some retros regardless of the quality. Sure, they hear the complaints about quality and not beingtrue to the OG form. But they also see the $$ coming in from those thrown together retros, and that will always be motivation to continue what they'redoing.

Whenever I see that argument, I automatically think of a dude who wants to be in some elite club, and doesn't want to see everyone having what hehas(not saying you in particular feel this way).

Tronics, Nice compare and contrast on those runners.

heres another two OG colorways of the Stab:

81682_600.jpg

nike-air-stab.jpg

I dont know guys. I love the basics. two or three colors meshing together with contrasting mesh areas and darker uppers. Its a recipe for success then. Arethey afraid it won't be successful now?

And to think we instead get polka dot crap and the like
050491.jpg
050891.jpg

Someody please post the differences of the OG DT Turf Max vs the Retros..... Poor poor quality this time around...

How about air BWs? They took a sleek looking runner and made it look like something designed for outlet racks....

i fear this what will happen to the upcoming Air Structure. They do away with the mesh and start putting patent leather or fur on them with some ridiculouscolorways. as long as we get the OG first, they can do whatever they want with what comes after.

ahhh man. i forgot about the deions, and some others:

for now though:

OG:
6p5p35x.jpg

RETRO:
6l3g8ix.jpg

finally, a modified RETRO of what it should be like:
6kopqap.gif

notice the airbubble, painted splatter midsole, and gold check.

another "throw up in your mouth" release

addition to this:

1995-96 uptempo 2: "Dukes"

OG:
4485_1.JPG

4c5a_1.JPG

8398_1.JPG

2007 Retro:
pc07021301.jpg

pc07021302.jpg

Bottonline here:
-Yellow air bubble should be more green. A lime color almost . but its obviously not
-Navy mesh upper should be a bit brighter.

Wrong is wrong even as small as something like this.

Is there anything the fans can do about this? Complaints? Petitions? Letters? etc. What would be effective to see change? Or is it a lost cause?

I made this post in hopes of some of the connected members to take notice and perhaps shed some light or at least give a hint as to how we could make some sortof impact with this issue but it seems like no one cares about quality except a select few these days.

I know I'm 2 months late on this thread and I don't know if anybody is even reading it anymore but heres my thoughts. Nike is seriously wrong for whatthey are doing. A lot of cats have mentioned that the changes are small and we shouldn't complain but thats just my reason for complaining. Sometimes thechanges are so small that its like " why didn't you just stick the the original?" A perfect example of this is the DT max. C'mon bring theblack up a bit and make it splatter and change the swoosh to gold. How hard is that??

Honestly I think the main reason behind it all is this: Originally all these shoes were top of the line performance athletic shoes. So Nike was putting greateffort and time into making them not only amazing performance shoes that were built to hold up under the rigors of what ever sport they were made for, but theyalso wanted to make them neck breakers so people would take notice of them while their athletes were performing in them. Now though all of these shoes aremarketed as "casual" shoes which in my opinion means that they know people are just gonna be walking in the mall or just doing everyday things inthem, so they know that they can get away with inferior materials. Especially on Jordans and AF1s . They know that no matter how they put those shoes togetherevery high school in America is gonna be full of kids rocking them.

The worst part of it all is they have the audacity to charge a premium price for garbage. Thats the thing that pisses me off the most. But in the end its nevergonna change. As much as they wanna front, they don't care about the die hard sneaker lover. As many of us as there are theres way more people that reallydon't care about OGs or Retros or the difference between the two. All they care about is what the cool kids in school, or what those cats were rocking atthe club, or what some rapper was wearing on 106 and park last week. So I guess its just something that we are gonna have to learn to live with . But at leastwe have NT where we can come and vent our frustrations. haha

I agree, after 2003 nike's quality took a complete nose dive, a list of horrendous quality retro's

Nike air trainer max 91 (grey, yellow, black) (og black white colorway was pretty much dead on)
Nike air max light
Nike air max 90's 2004-current
nike air tech challenge
nike air max 95 2004-current
Nike air stab's (except the footpatrol purple black )
All Jordan retro's from 2004-current XIII's, IV's, III's, DMP,BMP all that crap with the mishaped banana look to them

Da agassi's I liked, but when da bubble window paint started to flake AFTER ONE WEAR I knew something had to be done......

Can someone please post compare pics of the Infrared 90s that released in Euro/Can in 2003 and the HOA Infrared 90s.

I saw an ebay auction not that long ago of the 2003 Infrareds and the Air Bubble was Huge!!!!! plus the materials looked all soft and supple.

xeneize10 here you go difference between infra am 90's 2005 hoa, and 2003 notice the 2005 is very narrow and the 2003 is wider and more comfy with morepadding on the inside of the shoe, bigger airbubble, lighter etc. they are both the same size 12 its sad that most people will never know how duped they got onthe 2005 release the HOA's are very heavy as are all the am 90's after 2003

how would yall feel if the old retros were outfitted with newer technology, not anything that would change the looks tho, for example, would yall be upset ifthe Air Jordan 1's were retro'd with zoom air? i hear alot of people complaining how uncomfortable they are without it.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

ahhh man. i forgot about the deions, and some others:

for now though:

OG:
6p5p35x.jpg

RETRO:
6l3g8ix.jpg

finally, a modified RETRO of what it should be like:
6kopqap.gif

notice the airbubble, painted splatter midsole, and gold check.

another "throw up in your mouth" release

the gold mesh on the og's was serious.........the retros just have some plastic mesh its not actual wire mesh

those infrareds were good....lemme show u what pissed me off...

2zebhac.jpg

this was ONE WEAR!
mad.gif

and lemme show u my persian airmax 91's

2efrgqa.jpg

it took 3 WEARS to get it like that...........
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

that cheap $$+ paint they use that cracks like that gotta stop..i remember when all da midsoles were dyed that color instead of painted on
smh.gif
...i'll give nike credit where its due..da structures that just came out arePERFECT...da white part of da midsole looks like it uses a new "silverywhite" paint that looks crackproof and it won't yellow...but its no wonderthese aggassi retros are SO unpopular...

NIKE IF U LISTENING....IM WILLING TO PAY MORE IF YOUR WILLING TO MAKE IT LAST!!!!! cuz god damn da airmax bw's got played big time
sick.gif
smh.gif
...one OG color and that one has one of da worst paint of em all.

Back
Top Bottom