Butchered Nike Retros Volume Internal Destruction

I've got a long list........

First there's the Nike Air Max Light.

One of my all time fav Air Max runners butchered to this extent was painful. I would imagine if you tried comparing the OG to the retro's panel for panelthe only thing that would match would be the eyelets at the top lol. Not enough thermoplastic exposed on the side, toe box looks like an Air Max 87, collarcuts too deep, the midsole points up and the midsole isn't dual density instead it's just two separate pieces of PU stuck together...

The quicker the Air Max Light goes on Nike i-D the better me thinks....

OG
2083037115_c263354929_o.jpg

Retro
2083037117_44205ffe30_o.jpg

==========================================================================================================

Then we have the Windrunner TRII recently retro'd.

The only gripe i have we these is that the OG Nylon materials weren't used and the toe box looks like an Air Max 87 (deja vu?) because its not'pointy' enough...

OG
2083037129_f129078b16_o.jpg

Retro
2083037127_32766374cf_o.jpg

===================================================================================================================

Lastly its the Nike Air Stab

I dont have say much we these because the pictures talk for themselves.

And to think this was the ONLY OG COLOURWAY ever released lol.

OG
bb_003.jpg

Retro
303343-1.jpg

Nike please stop and employ people that actually know what they are doing cause this sheez is disgusting!

none of these joints are as bad as all the foams..minus the blacc/blue joints
smfh..lime green
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Tronics

OG
2083037115_c263354929_o.jpg

Retro
2083037117_44205ffe30_o.jpg

==========================================================================================================

Then we have the Windrunner TRII recently retro'd.

===================================================================================================================

Lastly its the Nike Air Stab

I dont have say much we these because the pictures talk for themselves.

And to think this was the ONLY OG COLOURWAY ever released lol.

OG
bb_003.jpg

Retro
303343-1.jpg

Nike please stop and employ people that actually know what they are doing cause this sheez is disgusting!

Good callouts Tronics. Although I wouldn't call it "butchered" on these they certainly aren't as good as the OG.

Seems like this comes up quite a bit. I don't know what to tell you; these shoes aren't made from the same molds and materials as the OGs, so Idon't know why you'd expect anything to be dead-on.

The Stab is different in shape, but in regards to performance (casual) the fit is not far off in my opinion. Aesthetically it looks different.
The Air Max Light, I think, they did a good job with. As with the Playoff 8s.

But to agree on one bit - the neon ATCs were easily the worst retro I have ever seen. It wasn't a big deal for the heel logo to be different than theoriginal "Court" logo, and I did think the purple looked nice...but the neon to yellow color change along with toebox change ruined this long awaitretro.

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

but the neon to yellow color change along with toebox change ruined this long await retro.
Are you refering to the comparison pics above? Again, those are the youth version...

here's a pic of the OG's from a catalogue... vs. the retros...

airtechchallengeogcatalpz2.jpg
15956102zhf1.jpg

Originally Posted by SinnerP

but the neon to yellow color change along with toebox change ruined this long await retro.
Are you refering to the comparison pics above? Again, those are the youth version...

here's a pic of the OG's from a catalogue... vs. the retros...

airtechchallengeogcatalpz2.jpg
15956102zhf1.jpg
They actually dont look too bad.

I tried a pair on the other day and came to the realisation that they aren't that great.

I've never owned the OG's so i'll never know how good they were but the shape is awful imo.

This is the worst one IMO...

Some will say the Katrina Retro looks closer to the OG but thats cuz I had to make that particular pic of the OG's smaller to fit in with the otherpix.
grin.gif

Seems like this comes up quite a bit. I don't know what to tell you; these shoes aren't made from the same molds and materials as the OGs, so I don't know why you'd expect anything to be dead-on.

Why not? Thats what I would like to know. Even if they have to make new molds couldnt they use Originals to do so? I've read that Nike has even lostsome of its Original shoes from when they started and they had to go to collectors to get the shoes so they could make new molds...They "lost" theFoam molds if I recall also...but they got the Blue ones right....why some and not ALL? And if it is a Retro the fact that they're even bringing it backmeans it was either once successful or they see success for it in these days...is thats the case and they got it right once..why not do it right again andrelease it the same way?

I know ALL collectors would love to break out their OG's and wear them but they unfortunately cant because they know their shoes will crumble and theres noway JB/Nike will do any possible retro of said shoe the correct way...I've seen pics of some of your OG's FLINT GREY...tell me you wouldnt like tobreak out those Charcoal IX's that I at one time had saved on my computer...but you cant and wont right?...why???

Gentry HIMSELF said he wouldnt bring out the rare Originals because of the collectors value etc etc.......AND THEN HE TURNS AROUND AND HAS PLANS OF RETROINGTHE SKY HIGH??????? I dont even have nor will ever pay the G's that the Originals cost but I had no choice but to feel bad for that collector Joerdan23after he said he paid a couple $1000's+ for his pairs...He probably bought those thinking that they would never release again and he wanted them inhis collection and now look at what happened..because of the hipocracy(sp?) he feels like he got done dirty....For a company that talks heavily about love forthe brand etc etc they sure treat their top customers and most loyal fans like whispers in the wind...
tired.gif

more than the new shapes, its the quality of these new materials that is what really butchers some
of em more than others (like the Agassi's.)

Originally Posted by Madhattan

more than the new shapes, its the quality of these new materials that is what really butchers some
agree, the fire red IIIs are another example. the leather quality on those are so disappointing compared to the retros from '01 and '03. Iremember when the now "premium" labelled shoe was just a GR.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

Originally Posted by Madhattan

agree, the fire red IIIs are another example. the leather quality on those are so disappointing compared to the retros from '01 and '03. I remember when the now "premium" labelled shoe was just a GR.

co sign...i have a lot of og nikes (not jordans) and you just feel it when you take them in your hands that difference...but at the other hand, when yousee the price tags on these...
just to give you 1 example:

air trainer huarache from 1992
190737_62e989ce73_l.jpg

price tag on these was 145 Euro IN 1992; back then 145 euro (or 145 USD) was a lot of money to spend on a shoe.....i think this would beover a200 usd in todays money

for that price you could only expect quality....

nowadyas these shoes cost 110-129 euro/ USD..still a lot of money but by current standards nothing exceptional....

you get what you pay for, quality wise atleast

the Aggasi OGs are pimp... wonder where i can find a pair

But this thread is nothing but whining....

all you are shoeNerds and sound pitiful....

its a shoe wear it... the originals arent gonna make you jump higher, or walk faster

its a shoe...

I am glad NT has gurus that can tell the difference and see whats wrong with a shoe, but this is pitiful

this guy is nike , playing on the worlds smallest violin

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

the Aggasi OGs are pimp... wonder where i can find a pair

But this thread is nothing but whining....

all you are shoeNerds and sound pitiful....

its a shoe wear it... the originals arent gonna make you jump higher, or walk faster

its a shoe...

thanks...now run along and find your "Jordunks"

There's no shortage of pointless whining and crying from NT *babies* in this thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DunkNForce

^ U mad

smh.gif
at your attitude....

i am just looking for info/pics on them
mad? me? no. Amused. for a person callin' us pitiful shoe nerds U sound mad. How rare in the BG collection? How rare is the Jordunks? C'monman.

Originally Posted by fc1114

There's no shortage of pointless whining and crying from NT *babies* in this thread.
laugh.gif
i suppose its hard to argue authenticity with fans of "RAW"
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

you do realize if they drop a retro that was identical to the OG, that would kill the value of the OG. What would be the purpose of even having OGs? How wouldyou tell the difference?

Idk about you but, I'd be pissed of i broke my neck to find some OG only to find that nike was dropping a pair that was identical.

Back
Top Bottom