Buying a Car Off Craigslist?

anybody know of anybody or has any of you ever done this? I am looking for a cheap car for less than 5 gs that I can use to get around for no more than a yearand a half. Craigslist has the price range I am looking for and I like I how you can search by City. Also, I like how most of them you can pay with cash andthey even let you test drive

However, I want to get feedback especially from people who have actually purchased things from Craigslist. Is it legit? Reliable? Would you recommend it?Thanks.

Just make sure you deal locally! No shipping or anything! Do everything in person! Also, if you know a mechanic, have him go with you and look at the car! Askfor paperwork of recent service (if any) I personally feel, if it is to good to be true, it is not worth it!

It's no different from buying a car off of autotrader, cars.com, etc. You don't actually use the site for payment, so I don't see what you feelcould be shady. You just use it to find sellers, and then deal with them as you would if you saw the same car for sale on your street.

it's just the same as buying a used car with a for sale sign on the side of the road. be sure to have a mechanic check it out or whatever.

if you know about cars, you have nothing to worry about...

just make sure it's not a lemon...

link ?!

i bought a car from craigslist and sold a car off a craigslist...just do it local...and also always ask for the carfax and test drive it...usually the sellerwill tell you that the car is selling as is so watch out for that...

I bought and sold my whips on craigslist. I think its the best site to buy and sell cars. I prefer craigslist bc Im able toget cars for exact auction price through private sellers. Im able to sell cars on craigslist and make a good profit. Dont buy from a dealer just do craigslist.Also meet locally at a shopping center in public. Other than that theres plenty of good deals on craiglist. Just got to find em.

thanks for the input. I definitely know NOTHING about cars, so good lookin' on the part about taking a mechanic with me--although seeings how I don'treally KNOW any mechanics, that might be kinda difficult.

I definitely was going to do it local anyway, but thanks for the heads up about asking for the carfax. Sorry, no links because I'm not looking to buy a carnow, but in the next month or two.

I'm in the same boat, but I just need something to get me to work and back.

Nothing extragavent or anything...just something that will get me to work and is good on gas.

Nothing extragavent or anything...just something that will get me to work and is good on gas.
who you tellin'? I'm right there with you. I just need something to get me through this first yea, then I can save up and get my Scion tC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i bought my motorcycle through craigslist. met the guy at his house. looked at it test drove and bought two days later. i couldn't be any happier

I bought 2 cars off craigslist. I did it local...did a meet up/test drive. then checked the carfacts.

the good thing about it is on the "bill of sales" they can say they sold it for like $1000 and ull only have to pay the dmv like 180 for tax. Copped02 accord for 11 (couple years ago) and they put $1800 on the bill of sales. Woulda hada pay like 750 in tax only ended up playin 2

it works perfectly its just like you looking at a add in the paper..just make sure you know what to look for when buying a new car..my friend bought a 2000dodge neon off craigs list and was perfectly fine

I got my car of craigslist, and one of my boys also copped a civic off the site too. It's a great way to try and get a car. I got mine for $2800.

2370465916_c7eb1ae8fc_o.jpg

I had a cousin of mine do this, he had no problems. Just make sure to get all the info on the car and test it out before hand.

mine was bought off craigs a year ago and i consider myself very lucky b/c i could've bought a POS and would not have known. kinda rushed it b/c i saw thecar i wanted. anyway just go check it out w/ someone else that has mechanical knowledge and drive it to see if ur comfortable with it. it's kinda hard tobuy off craigs unless u're the first person there w/ the money b/c so many ppl see it and if it's a popular car it'll get sold b4 u even see it.but good luck with that craigs is prob. one of thebest site to deal with cars.

yezzir!

i love craigslist!

dont gotta pay outrageous prices.

actually sold my amp and subs to a guy i met at walmart today....

I've bought two cars in the past three years from CL (totaled the first one
ohwell.gif
). Never had any problems. Just make sure you take someone who knows what tolook for when you check the car out and avoid salvage titles like the plague.

I copped my car from there. A Lexus GS300. Been running strong for 2 years now. If your trying to save money i would suggest it as long as your confident onthe cars ocndition.

In terms of age, how old should be the cut off? My mom was saying I shouldn't get anything older than '00-'01.

Although I see some descent stuff that's like 97-98.

Originally Posted by A Stunting GoTRILLa

In terms of age, how old should be the cut off? My mom was saying I shouldn't get anything older than '00-'01.

Although I see some descent stuff that's like 97-98.

I think the miles are more important then the age.

I drive a 97 civic with 85000 miles on it, and ive never had a problem with it.

My boy drives an 01 civic with 120,000 on it and its ALWAYS having problems.

Back
Top Bottom