Buying a car question

Sup fellas,

I purchased a used infiniti FX back in may of this year and im starting to think of returning it and exchanging it for another car(09 Maxima).

From then till now all i did was plasti dip the rims and its starting to peel off and got a dent on the car from a hit and run (smh)

So my questions is since its only been 7 months will the dealership allow this? Never done this before and i just want some insight on how to do this without getting screwed

Yea of course they'll do it..ur gonna take a hit tho..i was never a fan of tradin in...id rather sell it outrite and get the most for ur money..the only time i see it being ok to trade in is if u may want the newer model of the car u have..

Also plasti-dip shouldnt be peelin at all..i dipped my gf's stock wheels on her black escape over a year ago and it still looks fresh..

Your best option is to remove the dip, fix the dent and sell the car yourself. Then use the proceeds to purchase a new car.

Trying to sell a 2x used car back to the same dealer will be nearly impossible without loosing a TON of money.

Last edited:
Did you save your receipt?

They aren't just going to allow you to return it and the hit and run is gonna cost a nice penny

I'd keep the FX unless you're ready for a $5k hit

Last edited:
Let the dealership be your last option because you will probably get the least value from them.  I would take the vehicle to Car max and tell them you are looking to sell the vehicle to them.  They will give you an offer that is valid for a few days.  If it's good, take it, if not you at least have an idea of worst case scenario.

Back
Top Bottom