Buying a new car vol BMW

eh anybody saying they're thinking about getting a used older model bmw automatically receives these responses but let someone post they're brand new M3 they just picked up from Germany and expect 10 pages of slurping

The car is 6 years old or 7 if I get the '05 so I dunno where you getting 10 years from
And I'm living outside my means
But if I drop 16k down payment and get a 2012 with 500 payments for the next 6 years that's cool to y'all?
Lol there's some funny people on nt man
For the same amount I can get a '08 accord with like 100000kms
But I'd much rather drive a 06 325 ci
And as far as a car goes I wouldn't buy one that I cant pay off in a year or less
Just because i don't like being in debt so right now a newer BMW isn't an option

Originally Posted by Al Audi

A 10 year old 3 can be cleaner than a lot of new cars imo.
umm...nah, especially when you got da japanese economy cars pulling da same stats for way cheaper...

status symbol cars are trash if they aint got da stats to back em up.

roll.gif
At a old 3 series being a status symbol. I know it's been said before, but if you have to buy a entry level luxury car used...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

umm...nah, especially when you got da japanese economy cars pulling da same stats for way cheaper...

But what if they have both?
OP said he could get the BMWs he posted or an '08 Accord for the same amount. Those BMWs has ~230hp I6 that goes 0-60 in low 5 seconds? An '08 Accord a 180hp I4 that'll reach 60 in7-8 seconds? BMW is obviously more luxurious too.

OP, u already made up your mind, hop on the forums and find reputable shops in ya area. I'd take an old 3 series tastefully modded over an altima or honda accord all day, don't listen to these other guys. Everyone who drives bmws an audis don't got 2011s and 12 plenty of early audis and bmws on the road just like Japanese cars. NT tries to scare you, but most just hatin man. ALL cars need to be taken care of. Sacrifice a few bs nikes you don't really need and invest in your whip. Hell I don't even buy nikes or jordans these days.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

laugh.gif

Post facts.

Originally Posted by Wade187

roll.gif
At a old 3 series being a status symbol. I know it's been said before, but if you have to buy a entry level luxury car used...

How dumb is this statement? Entry level or not what's wrong with a used car? R u kiddin me? CPO cars and used cars are sold more than new cars.

Originally Posted by Wade187

roll.gif

How dumb is this statement? Entry level or not what's wrong with a used car? R u kiddin me? CPO cars and used cars are sold more than new cars.

I think hes saying you're budget ballin if you need to get a entry level used luxury car for status.

Nothing wrong with a CPO/used/entry level but if you need to get that for status...eh thats not making your status any better.

I do agree.

Originally Posted by NickySantor0

I don't understand why people always want to talk about other peoples finances in car threads
I just want to know from other owners what are somethings I can expect
For example when I get to 100000 Kms what scheduled maintenance I have to do, how much I'm looking to spend or if there any know issues with these specific models/years, how they perform, ext.
to get a BMW in warranty Im looking at spending upwards of 25000 which I don't have to spend right nowI said I want to pay off so I don't have to worry about payments I hate owing money and I don't want to be stuck paying 400 - 600 for the next 4 yearsI just have to worry about maintenance which isn't so bad

Read this bro, everything you want to know and more about the e46
your welcome
http://www.bimmerfest.com.../index.php?title=BMW_E46

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

buy an infiniti instead... i did... i havent once thought about the 325 i was gunna buy instead until now

Nissan reliability > BMW reliabiliaty

newer infiniti styling & interior > BMW

G35x
pimp.gif
two weeks of true love so far
pimp.gif
infiniti will never drive the same as a bmw though. i would save up a little more and get at least a 335 which is much better than a 325/330 e46.

BM with 50k+ miles is a NO GO.
If you buying a BMW/MB or other high end luxury car with 50+, you frontin' you really cant afford it

buy something in your budget, no offense

330 ZHP or listen to the other people in this thread. Buy something that you can afford. With a 16K budget you are starting to stretch it. I am one of the biggest BMW fans on this board but being realistic when buying a car is the most important aspect to consider. If you are "splurging" by spending 16K then i don't think a BMW is for you at this moment. You'll get the car you want in time. Patience.

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

buy an infiniti instead... i did... i havent once thought about the 325 i was gunna buy instead until now

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
infiniti will never drive the same as a bmw though. i would save up a little more and get at least a 335 which is much better than a 325/330 e46.
why do you dudes not understand this... it has nothinggg to do with status.

it has everything to do with getting exactly what i wanted...

where are these 330xi with leather,navi,bluetooth, awd for 18k?

plz show me, ill trade my car now
laugh.gif

i mean i guess i coulda got a kia sorento or mitsubishi outlander or escape or summin n had 100k warrantys and low miles but that woulda been more expensive to find in awd...

instead i got a car i wanted with reasonable miles on it... this motor can easily handle 200k and theres tonsss of 07s w/ 150 on there odometers alrdy
pimp.gif

cant tell me nothin so plz stop trying so hard... i understand bro bimmers are better than my car
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

G35x
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
why do you dudes not understand this... it has nothinggg to do with status.

it has everything to do with getting exactly what i wanted...

where are these 330xi with leather,navi,bluetooth, awd for 18k?

plz show me, ill trade my car now
laugh.gif

i mean i guess i coulda got a kia sorento or mitsubishi outlander or escape or summin n had 100k warrantys and low miles but that woulda been more expensive to find in awd...

instead i got a car i wanted with reasonable miles on it... this motor can easily handle 200k and theres tonsss of 07s w/ 150 on there odometers alrdy
pimp.gif

cant tell me nothin so plz stop trying so hard... i understand bro bimmers are better than my car
pimp.gif
well of course it won't cost the same, partly because bmw is more overpriced and partly because they are 2 very different brands. you bought something that fits your budget, which is the right thing to do, vs buying an older bmw for the same price. but all i'm saying is, if you can AFFORD it (preferably newer), it's worth it. 

keepzdasneakz wrote:
I believe if you are to find any sort of bimmer, this should be the kind to look at:
Honda-Civic-M3-BMW-02.jpg

laugh.gif

Official car of NT ??  For those who make threads about how they want a 10 year old Benz or Bimmer that has good ole JDM reliability...

Back
Top Bottom