Buying a suit - Mature answers please.

Got two weddings to go to this year. And figured now would be a good time to cop one , especially with the Macy's sale + FF discount
(I seen an Alfani complete suit regular priced at $450, on sale for $199....and that's not yet including the 25% off FF discount.

Got any tips?

2 button or 3?

stripes?
Should I keep it black or dark colors?

Shoes - shoe box toes or narrow pointed ones?

I'm not up when it comes to these things. Any help is appreciated.

2 buttons, 1 button if you wanna be extra flyyy

no pinstripes

dark charcoal

pointed toes

and just make sure the suit fits...

Originally Posted by vrp32tl

1st reply wasn't a choppa suit pic. NT is slippin.
co-sign
smh.gif

laugh.gif

I just copped a suit from JoS A Bank. They are having mad deals right now. The blazer I picked up was priced at $500 and I scooped it for a hundo

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

vrp32tl wrote:
co-sign
smh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yea I heard the Chopper Suit is the new spring look for Suits!

I knew the Chopper jokes was coming as soon as I read the title
laugh.gif

You cant go wrong with this look:

149z6le.png

Honestly, if you're an adult or in your early 20's, its a good idea to invest in a good suit.

A few things to keep in mind...

1.Popular brands probably don't make good suits (Nautica is a good example of this.)
2.pointed toes, ALWAYS.
3.If you can afford it, have the suit custom made for you. It's a bit more expensive, but not much. Maybe a $200 or $300 difference between buying one offthe rack and having it tailored and customized vs. having everything done when you get it. You can get it EXACLY how you want it. (don't spend more thanabout 7 or 800 for a custom suit unless you're a **$!)
4.Pinstripes are OK as long as they're not really wide and thick, you're not a mafia boss.
5.A cream colored suit is ok as long as its at an appropriate setting. Don't buy a linen suit unless you're 60+ or a **$!.
6.Break is a matter of preference. I've found that the wider you go, the longer break you can have. It should never fold onto itself, though.
7.If your suit looks like something Steve Harvey was buried in, you're doing it way wrong.
8.Your cufss shouldn't show more than an inch.
9.Don't wear a wide belt. They look silly.

Originally Posted by duerr

Honestly, if you're an adult or in your early 20's, its a good idea to invest in a good suit.

1.Popular brands probably don't make good suits (Nautica is a good example of this.)
2.pointed toes, ALWAYS.
3.If you can afford it, have the suit custom made for you. It's a bit more expensive, but not much. Maybe a $200 or $300 difference between buying one off the rack and having it tailored and customized vs. having everything done when you get it. You can get it EXACLY how you want it. (don't spend more than about 7 or 800 for a custom suit unless you're a **$!)
4.Pinstripes are OK as long as they're not really wide and thick, you're not a mafia boss.
5.A cream colored suit is ok as long as its at an appropriate setting. Don't buy a linen suit unless you're 60+ or a **$!.
6.Break is a matter of preference. I've found that the wider you go, the longer break you can have. It should never fold onto itself, though.
7.If your suit looks like something Steve Harvey was buried in, you're doing it way wrong.

[/thread]

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

ChopperSuit.jpg

But ya real talk, 2 buttons and dark...keep it simple.

was just about to post this^

and yea keep it simple....

Get a good tailor. Many men who wear suits wear them as in the same condition that they buy them...you aren't supposed to do that (unless ur name isChoppa)

You have to make the suit fit you. It's supposed to fit a certain way and its not necessarily made for you.

Get a good tailor (or use the store tailoring service) and pay the extra money to get it done

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

vrp32tl wrote:
co-sign
smh.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yea I heard the Chopper Suit is the new spring look for Suits!

I knew the Chopper jokes was coming as soon as I read the title
laugh.gif

You cant go wrong with this look:

149z6le.png

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

My housemate copped a chopper suit and one of my NakoXL and I were clowning him.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by duerr

2.pointed toes, ALWAYS.
3.If you can afford it, have the suit custom made for you. It's a bit more expensive, but not much. Maybe a $200 or $300 difference between buying one off the rack and having it tailored and customized vs. having everything done when you get it. You can get it EXACLY how you want it. (don't spend more than about 7 or 800 for a custom suit unless you're a **$!)

QFT

Back
Top Bottom