Buying DS 1999 Cement IVs???

i've had a couple pairs of both colorway 99 4's. i had a DS pair that was cracking badly by itself. my other 2 VNDS pairs were firm and strong. one ofthem had cloudy air bubbles yet it showed no signs of cracking.

bubbles dont mean anything. i turned them clear using a hairdryer. one way you can test it is by using your nail. find a test area that is not gonna be veryvisible on the midsole. push in with your nail and see if it leaves a mark. if it does chances are the shoe will fall apart. also gently push down on themidsole. if it feels springly and hard to push in then you can try them on around your room gently and see if it holds up. if it doesn't pass these teststhen you have no chance of wearing them.

since you're buying them DS, i would say you have 2/3 chance of them falling apart. i would buy a pair that was worn vnds and check to see if it holds up.they have the best chance of survival since they were worn a few times at least.

Originally Posted by hypeNT500

clear bubbles, FIRM perfect midsoles and you're good.......

Yeah, if your going from your front door to the car, then the car to a park bench.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by topshelfkicks

I bought these a few weeks ago, and I'm happy I did.

c2b36689459a75a224d3e59f90e48a04c85aee10.pjpg

I have been meaning to ask you, Do you wear these? Or was it a buy for the collection?

damn since the picture quality was so bad (lighting) at first glance i thought you bought fakes. (dark grey part) but they seem legit. if it's ds, i dono iwouldn't wear them. if it's vnds i'd wear them from time to time to ensure the midsole wont fall apart.

I got two pair of Cement IV's from 1999. One pair I kept DS and in the dark and the midsole looks great. I have a pair that I wore 2x and walked"heavily" in and they did not crack. Cement IV's '99 is a quality pair of kicks, so I wouldn't worry too much about it!

Originally Posted by 9 deuce gt

I have been meaning to ask you, Do you wear these? Or was it a buy for the collection?
I haven't worn them yet, but if I feel like wearing them sometime then I will. Until then I have no problem with keeping them deadstock.

Here is a better pic:

2fc361484ae27d70274ae62196f38fdf0ac40847.pjpg

theirs always a chance that they wil crack on you i wouldnt take that chance . The retro ones with the jumpman on the back arent that bad but who wouldnt wanta pair with the nike air on the back. If im not mistaken i think they comin back out with the nike air on the back i dont know if its those or the fours

I'm 6'4, 240 lbs. I unDS'd my '99 cement iv's last year, and they haven't cracked or anything yet. Guess it depends on how they werekept/stored.

all depends how they were store.. i wouldn't recommend to get it since it's 10 year..

I haven't worn them yet, but if I feel like wearing them sometime then I will. Until then I have no problem with keeping them deadstock.
and by the time you deciede to wear it it will crack-diddly-ack
eyes.gif
At least wear them in the house for 5min to break them in to help avoid this problem.

Originally Posted by niophyte0430

IMO 99 IVs are not fit to wear coz of their very fragile condition and crackings are inevitable.. If I'll buy those I'll just keep them for collection and never wear them at all.

Exactly true.

Originally Posted by DreSlay

and by the time you deciede to wear it it will crack-diddly-ack
eyes.gif
At least wear them in the house for 5min to break them in to help avoid this problem.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, it's all about how they are stored. Either way though that isn't a bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom