C2 x Nike x Leaders1354

leadersdunkhipromopic.jpg

http://www.leaders1354.com/?p=5347

What- C2 x Leaders Dunk 95 and the Dunk 95 New Era fitted cap
Where- Downtown location
When- 12 noon (April 21)
How many- Dunk: FSR 9 to 12 Fitted: 7 1/8 to 8
Price- $250
The year was 2004, (before a lot now sneakers dudes were into sneakers) Ty commissioned then 14yr old C2 to put togethera pair of gradient dunks for him….and that was the beginning of a beautiful "sneaker-ship". C2 went on to do agood 15+ custom pairs but never an official store collab. C2s sneaker painting days are winding down with the approach of his sophomore year at the Universityof Minnesota. What better than run back the "Dunk 95″ and make it somewhat more widely available.
Friday, August 21st you'll have your chance to get your hands on 1/12 pairs before C2 hangs up his brushes. Shoesand "The 95″ LDRS New Era fitted will be available on first come first serve basis.
Original 2004 "Dunk 95″. Can anyone guess the original shoes? (Hint, it came in a pack consisting of a Trainer 1 and an AF1.)

Are these worth $250.00?

If you sat down and painted (not airburshed) 12 pairs of shoes (all gradients at that) I think asking for $250 is fair. You wouldn't know they were customsunless someone told you. The craftsmanship is top notch on these.

i'm not a big fan of customs but those are really nice. the price tag is def justified by the labor. dude killed it with them amare forces he did for youty.

they re worth every penny of $250.

with the hours and detail that goes into one pair.

he's work is top notch...

I understand the $250 price point but LDRS could at least throw in the fitted for free...
I'm kinda broke right now but even if I had money I wouldn't cop, maybe if LDRS used older dunk hi's for the base.
I hate the shape and quality of the newer one's...

I don't think it's an unreasonable price, but if I'm paying that much, I'd want something that was custom made for me with my ideas.

It's amazing how opinions change over the years. I remember when the pictures of those surfaced LONG ago, not one negative word was said about them. Thejob done on those is amazing. You'd be hard-pressed to find someone do a custom job for you of that quality for less than $250.

i still think the union ZK1s he did for flint grey are better. i guess those are more of a niche shoe than dunks though.

Originally Posted by size twelve

i still think the union ZK1s he did for flint grey are better. i guess those are more of a niche shoe than dunks though.

now why you gotta bring those up.... gona make me regret my fall out with Flint....
frown.gif

if your reading this, i still have those unions where my heart is at....
embarassed.gif

With the comments in this thread, you can definitely tell who has been on NT for awhile and who hasn't.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

With the comments in this thread, you can definitely tell who has been on NT for awhile and who hasn't.
why? because people dont like some run of the mill custom? whats so special about this? C2? big %@!+? leaders? ok....? would you pay $250 forthis?

Back
Top Bottom