CA Vehicle Registration???

NT, my car's registration in 2008, and became non-operational at the time, and I didn't mark it as an n/o... I went through a kind of a tight money era and haven't been able to get around to it, but things are starting to come around. During this three-year period I also managed to lose my keys to the car, and need to purchase a replacement, but to do this I must get the car registered up to date. What kind of fees am I looking at to register now? My sister also came up with the idea to sell her the car for $1, and get it registered that way to avoid fees. What would be the best route NT?

NT, my car's registration in 2008, and became non-operational at the time, and I didn't mark it as an n/o... I went through a kind of a tight money era and haven't been able to get around to it, but things are starting to come around. During this three-year period I also managed to lose my keys to the car, and need to purchase a replacement, but to do this I must get the car registered up to date. What kind of fees am I looking at to register now? My sister also came up with the idea to sell her the car for $1, and get it registered that way to avoid fees. What would be the best route NT?

I'm actually in the same situation minus the key deal. I think I'm selling the car to my cousin (different surname) and getting it registered that way so i dont have to pay late fees.

I'm actually in the same situation minus the key deal. I think I'm selling the car to my cousin (different surname) and getting it registered that way so i dont have to pay late fees.

don't you have to pay off  any fees before you can sell/transfer the title?

don't you have to pay off  any fees before you can sell/transfer the title?

I think you still have to pay the fees when you transfer or sell the title.

You can calculate the fees on the DMV website: dmv

Hope that helps.

I think you still have to pay the fees when you transfer or sell the title.

You can calculate the fees on the DMV website: dmv

Hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom