::CAL FOOTBALL THREAD::vs USC, Sat 11/10 5PM ABC

Quote:
It is easy to look at Oregon State and UCLA as bad teams, but they got the talent to beat any given team.

Agreed.

Quote:
Quote:
Oh to be a Cal, Giants, Niners, and Kings fan...every moment I exist is agony...

Try being a Dodgers, Rams, UCLA, Lakers :smh:
smh.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
Team Portland Trail Blazers
Oregon State Beavers​
Portland StateVikings​

Quote:
I kind of want to call them that, but in reality, UCLA and Oregon State are big underachieving teams that have a lot of talent. I feel bad for UCLA fans, since this means that Dorrell will be back. Which means more underachieving and mediocre Bruin teams.
:smh:
smh.gif
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
2007 NFC West Champs!!!
TEAM XBOX360
.::joebruin00::.​

haha there were these cal fans going around westwood in an RV talking all this @#%$ on friday night
TEAMPATRIOTS
Team49ers​

I think UCLA will be OK, this will be the first time this year that we will have Cowan starting at QB! Olsen sucks and Bethel-Thompson well let's not even talk about him. I think UCLA is good so long as they can continue to put drives together on offense to give their defense some rest. I was at the game today and noticed that Pat Cowan gets his players ready and fired up, I think they love playing for him! Shoot I want to suit up seeing him hyping everyone up on the sideline. As long as we have Pat starting we have a chance. We got a tough schedule in front of us though most the tough games are at home with the exception for SC. I said at the beginning of the season that SC would lose at least two games both in the Pac 10, with that brutal schedule they got left it looks like they might. Notre Dame is no ASU, Oregon, CAL, or UCLA. I know UCLA lost to ND but we didn't have Cowan at QB which as you have seen makes a world of difference.

Oh and I know most people blame Dorell for the lack of success with our football but you get what you pay for. If UCLA won't put up any money for a good coach then who are we going to get to replace Dorell. Be careful what you wish for. I personally think that one person says fire Dorell and everyone follows without thinking it out.

Does he make some mistakes with the calls he makes? Yes, but what coach doesn't? I think we would be better off keeping him than scrapping everything and starting over with a whole new head coach and staff.
Team Los Angeles Lakers
"It Ain't Over till Pig Miller Sings!"

yea i think UCLA is better than ppl make it out to be but losing to Utah/Notre Dame, there really is no excuse for such inconsistency...every year it's the same thing too..
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
Bring UCSD a football team.​

Losing to Utah was because they know Olsen is a one read guy, all they had to do was take that read away next thing you know it's three and out or turnover. You can't expect the defense to be on the field all game and not play like they did. Notre Dame was a game anyone could tell you why we lost that game. Walk on Freshman plays most of the game and there you have that one. Not just any walk on either, a really bad one!

No excuse for the losses but I think everyone will see that they play different with Cowan under center.

Oh and BTW Jackson is a treat to watch. that guy will be something good in the pros. And even though we shut Forsett down I like the guy, he is shifty!
Team Los Angeles Lakers

yeah. UCLA's defense looked serious...I think this was the first time Forsett really got shut down this year. So props to your run D..it seemed like on BOTH sides, the linemen for la were dominating. Hopefully Cowan works out for UCLA and you can knock off USC :D
happy.gif

Yo, Fro B Giant, I was in Secion 23 for today's game.

It was crazy, since I went with co-workers to catch some college football action. It turned out to be a hell of a game. It was tough, going to a ballgame and not clapping for anyone, :lol:
laugh.gif

I honestly thought Cal didn't capitalize on Dorrell's coaching blunders. 4th and 1 in your own territory, at home, with a 1 point lead and you punt. Getting the ball back and going to a conservative offense, just to kick a FG, to put you up by 2, :smh:
smh.gif
. Dorrell got bailed out today, by a heads up play.

I understand why the Bruin fans I know are frustrated at Dorrell. Every year, there is a sign of promise and great things, but coaching mistakes cost this team at the end. Under Dorrell, UCLA will never reach the heights it was in during the last decade.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

^Agreed to some extent. I can only agree that under Dorell we have less a chance than if we had a better coach, but UCLA doesn't want to pay a lot for their football program unfortunately so we are stuck with second rate coaches. Who do we ring on better than Dorell would be my question. What good coach would like to come to UCLA to work for minimum wage?

I agree about the fourth and 1. Don't call the time out first and THEN try and draw them offsides. Try to draw them then call the timeout, then decide to go for it or not. I would have gone they got almost 4 yard on every carry up the gut with Bell.

I was in section 23 too row 36 I think. It was a great game. I was in the same section to watch my Bruins beat the Trojans last year.
Team Los Angeles Lakers

Try being a Dodgers, UCLA, Rams, and Lakers fan? Was that sarcasm?! :lol:
laugh.gif

Maybe the Rams, but at least they've won a championship lately. Unfortunately, I'm not really into Cal Rugby and Water Polo.

Cal football is the only thing I have going for me this year. Please look at all of my teams this year and reconsider your comparison :lol:
laugh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Okay, I've thought about it for a while, but Cal still has a wild chance to make it to the Rose Bowl. If:

USC beats Oregon, then wins out
Cal beats USC, then wins out
ASU loses to both Cal and Oregon and/or USC
UCLA loses to these three: Oregon, USC, and ASU
OSU loses to USC and Oregon and one of WasU, Wash, Stanford

We'll have USC with two losses, Oregon with two losses, ASU with two / three losses, UCLA with three losses, OSU with three, and Cal with two losses, but wins over USC, Oregon, and ASU. Whew.

Then...Cal would be the winner of the Pac-10.

:rofl:
roll.gif
Silicon Valley

note: this isn't the "game thread" persay but just for Cal talk during theg ame

- Who are the defensive coordinator for UConn, Cincy, and South Florida? We need to steal one of those guys away...
- No power running game.
- Morrah not being utilized correctly
- Longshore = Ayoob that can't run
- TOO MANY BACKBREAKING PENALTIES!!!
- Zero run defense
- Terrible pass defense

The ship is sinking at Cal and Longshore was the iceberg that caused it. Even if Longshore doesn't play next year the WR corps is depleted and Riley has very young, very raw talent to work with. Not good. A season like this could cause a lot of de-commits. Tedford better get it together or he could be sitting in a warm seat soon...

Quote:
- Who are the defensive coordinator for UConn, Cincy, and South Florida? We need to steal one of those guys away...
:lol:
laugh.gif

Damn this season went downhill fast. As long as we beat USC.
TEAM XBOX360​
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.​
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
As long as we beat USC.
RAIDER NATION

Let yee nuts hang low or walk the plank
Asomugha - Burgess - Carr - Curry - Gabriel - Howard - Huff - Morrison - Porter - Washington​

we're winning :pimp:
pimp.gif
...i know no one cares tho :lol:
laugh.gif

Glorious! :lol:
laugh.gif

Nate looked like doo doo for most of the game...and don't defend him if you're just looking at the stats. He's leaving his receivers out to dry all day...that's not gonna cut it against USC (cue SC homers "yeah Numba Fo this Numba Fo that) :lol:
laugh.gif

The D looked much better today, except for Hicks. I was wondering why he was on the bench so much...I guess we know why. We need Ezeff to heal up...does anyone get the feeling that anytime a QB sees white guy #17 in man coverage during their pre-snap reads, they're throwing deep? Conte has a lot of potential, but he sure has that Sehorn target on his back :lol:
laugh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Back
Top Bottom