::CAL FOOTBALL THREAD::vs USC, Sat 11/10 5PM ABC

Two seasons in a row....They do the same damn thing. We got beat today. There was no "We beat ourselves" activity. I'm pissed.
But As The Scenery Grows I See In Different Lights
The Shades And Shadows Undulate In My Perception
My Feelings Swell And Stretch I See From Greater Heights
I Realize What I Am Now Too Smart To Mention To You​

Horrible. We had so many opportunities to score points. If Longshore was hurt and can't throw it downfield, then put in Riley. Our offense is straight up spu-spu-sputtering. This isn't the same team that beat Oregon at Autzen.

1...2...3 Holiday Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silicon Valley

Man, every year it's like this...we have hopes of doin somethin big and it all comes crashin down...more thoughts on the game later, I gotta soak it all in.

UCLA showed up bigtime. We did shoot ourselves in the foot, but I wouldn't say that's why we lost.

Sadly we are playing for the Holiday BOwl AGAIN :rofl:
roll.gif
:stoneface:
indifferent.gif
. Good job UCLA, you guys may have a shot at the Rose Bowl :wow:
eek.gif
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Maybe it's time for Tedford to go to Riley, Longshore does not make good decisions in crunch time. Plus, he stares down his receivers so much I don't know why he doesn't get picked off more often. smh

Acid, let's just change the title of this thread to Cal Bears, the Cubs of College Football aka "There's always next year"

In all seriousness, there's plenty of (hopefully) good football to be played. It'll be easier for me to score tickets to that SC game now :lol:
laugh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Too many turnovers, #1...and Longshore had a big part to do with it. Everytime he passes like someone said already he rarely looks off his receiver and just locks on. He just doesn't look like a QB who can thrive in pressure situations and today proved it. Compare that with Riley last week, dude came in and led them down the field. I'm not gonna completely blame the loss on Longshore but obviously that last pass was uncalled for. I agree with the pass on 3rd down (Kay woulda missed the FG in all likelihood) but I dunno. DJax is the money guy but you gotta look elsewhere if he's covered.

But..

Our defense is a problem (i don't mean it that way of course). It seems our philosophy is to keep everything in front and look for an opportunity to force a turnover. We give up way too much yardage....Bell for UCLA just ran all over us throughout the game.

Safe to say this is not the year we make the jump to the BCS...but I'm still hopin for a good season and knockin off USC, although with these turnovers we won't. I'm definitely disappointed, but even I have to admit it's funny how EVERY year for the last couple years we seem destined for something big and it all crashes down :smh:
smh.gif

and edit-do yall think the title is right? :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
Hawk gone, Jordan gone, Forsett gone, Jackson most likely gone (I wouldn't want to come back)

I don't think next year is going to be good.)

for real man. this is starting to get old. Cal ends up losing in the after having great starts. thought this was the year they would make the jump. I have never been too confident in Longshore. I mean he played very big in the Oregon game but has turned the ball over way to much in the last two years. He can't scramble and at times can be way off the mark. I also think JT deserves some of the blame for playing so conservative at times. They ran Forsett too much and twice when they had all the momentum and even if they don't complete the pass it's a long fg for a kicking game that isn't that strong. I hope they start being more aggressive on offense and show some killer instinct. The D is young but gives up way to much between the tackles. I think next year will probably be tough to compete with losing so many players especially on O.

I know it is highly unlikely but since I wouldn't mind seeing Riley getting some run and some experience under his belt. I liked how he looked in the Org St game except the last play. Longshore if back next year might be ineffective next year losing all 3 receivers next year.

TEAM SF GIANTS
TEAM WARRIORS

Where cal really needs to step up more is on D, I don't fallow Cal to much but from what I've seen this year they arn't really a great Defensive team. I know they are primarily an Offensive team, but if you want to win the Pac10 and contend with teams from the SEC/Big10 then you've got to be a great defensive team. They make big plays on Defense, but they are not a great tackling team. They sure can hit, but hitting and tackling are two different things.
RAIDER NATION​

Oh to be a Cal, Giants, Niners, and Kings fan...every moment I exist is agony... :lol:
laugh.gif
ing LB corps will be back, and hopefully healthy. Devin Bishop (Desmond's bro) will add depth.

- Andrew Larson is gone, Brian Anger (sweet name, wrong position) steps in.

If anything, Gregory is gone...he has a lot of talent on defense that he's holding back by keeping them in soft zones all game. "Bend, don't break" is incredibly frustrating to watch.
Team49ers/CalBears
Nasty Nate wants your cocktail...fruit!​

Well since youall liked the Pic I guess I will post the other I took.

As to the person that said they would not want to be on the away team at Autzen... I would love playing infront of a big crowd any where. Knowing all those fans are there to see the game you are playing would be enough to get me pumped wheather they are my fans or not. That has got to be a rush.

n19716367_32783590_3734.jpg

n19716367_32783591_5850.jpg

n19716367_32783596_1004.jpg

n19716367_32783598_8815.jpg

n19716367_32783599_2303.jpg

n19716367_32783601_9311.jpg

n19716367_32783602_2730.jpg

n19716367_32783604_9062.jpg

n19716367_32783606_7722.jpg
Team Portland Trail Blazers
Oregon State Beavers
Portland StateVikings​

Sorry about my prediction earlier guys I was off by 1 point. :smile:

Great game by my Bruins today. That D came to play. now comes our let down game next week at the hands of wazzu. I think UCLA hasn't won up there since like 98 or 99 or something like that.
THINK BLUE!!

Good thing I already hopped off the bandwagon. I think it will be pretty empty once the Holiday bowl comes around :Rollin
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​

If anything, I hope next year we lose one early to a ranked team and quietly sneak into the Rose Bowl. Every year there's tons of hype early and it all comes down.

Our defense needs to be improved. We need to be able to punch people in the mouth. I'm tired of finesse, I want a knock-down-drag-out, smash mouth defense.
Silicon Valley

word. our defensive philosophy is lamer than fr3sh..it's all that keep everything in front of you crap and allowing yardage...that's what's holdin us back. last 2 losses the RBs ran all over us...Longshore's INT sealed the deal but if we are to climb to the class of a BCS team that shouldn't decide the game, we shouldn't allow so many yards. we need something more aggressive like those SEC defenses. the offense is more than fine, no matter who we put out there, they'll be capable of putting up points.

and i think we will still be ranked actually. i mean UCLA isn't that bad, and we dropped 10 slots or so after OSU, I'd imagine we drop maybe 10 more to the 22-25 range
Bring UCSD a football team.​

Quote:
Pac-10=frauds!!! :lol:
laugh.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
@ Cal

I kind of want to call them that, but in reality, UCLA and Oregon State are big underachieving teams that have a lot of talent. I feel bad for UCLA fans, since this means that Dorrell will be back. Which means more underachieving and mediocre Bruin teams.

It is easy to look at Oregon State and UCLA as bad teams, but they got the talent to beat any given team.

I remembered I got slammed last week by Cal fans since USC played two piss poor games in a row, when they were getting hammered by injuries. It happens, I hope they beat ASU next week.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
USC Trojans​
11 National Championships​

^Yea, but USC really hasn't played up to potential either..Right now I still believe Oregon has the upper hand against 'SC, but maybe today's Notre Dame thrashing will help em a bit. I'm still hopin for great Cal-USC matchup although it's clearly lost its luster after 2 crap performances by us. and yea OSU and UCLA have talent, i don't know. I think it shows that the Pac-10 really is THAT good and if you get caught slippin you aren't gonna win. USC is lucky they only have 1 loss right now after having a lot of close calls to some mediocre Pac-10 teams.
Bring UCSD a football team.​

Quote:
i can't wait till Cal @ UCLA i got tickets to the game!

It's gonna be a good game if UCLA can get their D together, I think we are really missing Hickman. (This was not an attempt to jack the post)

I can root for Cal since we started as the Southern Branch of the University of California.

Go Bruins! and Cal but not when we play each other!
29elhxh.jpg
30uwuhe.jpg
dwx990.jpg
24njudt.jpg
Team Los Angeles Lakers "It Ain't Over till Pig Miller Sings!"

Back
Top Bottom