Cali people...Is it Illegal to have Euro plates?

So I've seen people roll around with some Euro/German Plates on their Bimmer or Benz's. Well I've been planning on putting one on my car...whatkind of ticket or citation will I get just in case I get pulled over with them on? no ridin' dirty (word to Rob and Big)

bmw_msport_3_cab.jpg

bmw335ijn9.jpg

Its illegal yes...but its only a 10 dollar fix it ticket. I've had euro plates on all of my rides for the past 6 years. Have not been pulled overonce. Even got a JDM plate on my civic:

l_1a18a23b47c30c127ae580396c45f5dd.jpg

l_1fde0e13333e4e9e9399e724396eed17.jpg

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

I dont live in Cali, but wouldnt you just have to the real plates on the back? Most people have vanity or no plates at all in the front anyway

I see this ALL the time in CT. Cops dont harass for that. Its prolly illegal in all states. I know CT youre suppose to have your plate in front and back idont even have the front plate up just the back. Audi and BMW i always see euro plates even on ppls GTIs n hooked up Jettas. Even just the chrome front platelike Lexus an BMW ppl put on for looks.

Originally Posted by BOOSTMAN2391

in cali dont you have to have front plates too? wont 2 license plates look stupid?

Not gonna put 2 plates, i was gonna remove my state issued license and use the Euro plates that im about to pick up.

i'm confused... do people get these euro plates made for their real state license number? or do they just get some random numbers..

^Yeah I was wondering exactly the same thing...

Also in states that require both a front and a back you just put on a the back and the cops let that slide? Something about this seems fishy... Like it looksnice, just seems odd but maybe its because I don't full understand what exactly is going on here...

Like I said, its illegal....but its no big deal when you get caught. They assign you fix it ticket, you pay the 10 bucks put your Cali plate back on and havean officer sign it. Once you get home, remove your cali plate and put your euro plate back on. Simple as that.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i'm confused... do people get these euro plates made for their real state license number? or do they just get some random numbers..

No...the ones I own are actual plates that belonged to someone in europe. I got the plates on ebay as a novelty, complete with registration tags and all.

Yes it's illegal, but it's not exactly strongly enforced and the punishment if caught is nonexistent. I wouldn't do it just because of the hassle.

i've seen bimmers around my way with euro AND nys plates in the front. i believe it's mandatory to have plates on both ends of the vehicle for nys. abuddy of mine purchased an is300 and used the chrome frame for his plates in the front and got a ticket for it. so, i dunno.

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

No...the ones I own are actual plates that belonged to someone in europe. I got the plates on ebay as a novelty, complete with registration tags and all.

hmm.. why not just put your regular plates on also?

^ I agree. It's just not worth the hassle of being pulled over and given a ticket. Let's say, for instance, you're on your way to an important jobinterview and you just so happened to get pulled over, which then makes you late and possibly costs you your job. That's an extreme case, but better safethan sorry.

Every time I see it I
laugh.gif

Does it make the car any more authentic?
Do you even know where all the parts from your car were built?

How would you even go about getting these plates though? Are you gonna go buy the car in Europe?

yeah ive seen bmw ed plates with the front plate from ed but i was confused because i knew that cali required front plates and i was wondering if he wasgetting them made with his numbers.

There are plenty of places online that you can get these kind of pressed plates made up. I have them on my car, in my opinion it makes the car look a whole lotbetter. Works particularly well with german cars. Just put the Euro plates on the car and keep the normal plates in the trunk. If the police stop you justclaim that you on the way back from a show or something, and forgot to switch them round again. If you keep the proper plates in your trunk you won't havea problem.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Every time I see it I
laugh.gif

adds horse powers, duh

Originally Posted by Raginl3ull

hmm.. why not just put your regular plates on also?

Well there's a website where you can customize your own plates Euro/German/Japanese plates...but Ebay got some OG/Authentic plates (no retro).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ii2cky

Every time I see it I
laugh.gif

adds horse powers, duh
laugh.gif
I've seen people that add their Cali plates on top of the euro one.Also the best way to get away without having a front plate is to put it on the dash when you park. The cops rarely pull people over tho, but it happens
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ii2cky

Every time I see it I
laugh.gif

adds horse powers, duh

Word! Just like ricers get 20hps for each sticker, you get about 25 rocking the Euro plates.

Back
Top Bottom