Cali will vote to split into 3 separate states

MalcolmNewton

formerly ironstark
Should California Really Be 3 States? Voters Will Decide In November.

5b20c2352200004500eeb4e5.jpeg

A dramatic proposal to split California into three separate states has gathered enough signatures to appear on the ballot during the upcoming midterm elections in November.

Tim Draper, the main proponent of the initiative and its prime bankroller, gathered at least 402,000 signatures to divide California into three parts: a state called Northern California sprawling from Oregon down to San Francisco, another called California that would primarily include Los Angeles and a band of land up the coast, and another dubbed Southern California that would include Fresno, Bakersfield and San Diego.

The plan would create three differently sized regions, but all would have roughly the same population. And while California currently has two U.S. senators, the new bloc of three Californias would have six under the new proposal.

Region 1 - SoCal
Region 2 - Klan Country
Region 3- The Vast Nothingness Desert Used To Test Cool New Military Gadgets

I still don't think this will pass.

Why? This is Draper's third time attempting to split CA into 3 individual states.

Curious how it would effect the economy in SoCal...Maybe I could actually afford a house in the OC.

Any maps of this proposal?

Arent Fresno and Bakersfield north of LA while San Diego is south?

Northern California, Southern California and California...stupid as hell.

So based on the article, it would be:

NorCal - CA/Oregon border to SF
Cali - Los Angeles and some upper coastal cities
SoCal - Fresno down to San Diego

Yeah, Don't think this plan will work lol.

its a very interesting divide. They put Fresno in "southern california" but its geographically right in the center. And technically closer to the bay area than it is to socal. from say the south bay (san jose) it's 2 hours.

I'm not sure the purpose of the divide except to cut off the bay area from the rest.

Looks to me like sticking liberal bay area in "NorCal" to get drowned out in a sea of red votes. NorCal will basically be another GOP state depending on population of the other areas.

Looks to me like sticking liberal bay area in "NorCal" to get drowned out in a sea of red votes. NorCal will basically be another GOP state depending on population of the other areas.

What sea? There are no where near enough hicks and inbreds living in the forest for that. :lol:

The real concern would be hicks and racists in the San Joaquin Valley having even greater free reign to abuse minorities and ag workers in the new "Southern California."

its a very interesting divide. They put Fresno in "southern california" but its geographically right in the center. And technically closer to the bay area than it is to socal. from say the south bay (san jose) it's 2 hours.

I'm not sure the purpose of the divide except to cut off the bay area from the rest.

Exactly, which makes even less sense when you consider what tr1ll tr1ll is suggesting.

Politically, San Diego is more in line with LA than central CA right?

Back
Top Bottom