California High-Speed Rail has been APPROVED - Vol. Westside When We Ride

Originally Posted by ClassicJumpMan23

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

Cali is better than NYC YEAH I SAID IT lol come at me bro 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 youre comparing an entire state to a city...
that should say enough about how proper nyc is.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I just find it funny when my NT family members fight over Cali vs NY, its all love bro 
laugh.gif
i kno. 
laugh.gif

thas why i had to add fuel to the fire. haha.

im from nyc and live in cali...

that should say enough about cali. haha
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 youre comparing an entire state to a city...
that should say enough about how proper nyc is.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I just find it funny when my NT family members fight over Cali vs NY, its all love bro 
laugh.gif
i kno. 
laugh.gif

thas why i had to add fuel to the fire. haha.

im from nyc and live in cali...

that should say enough about cali. haha
laugh.gif
Lol I am too...Lotta transplants.

Originally Posted by Nike Jordan

Originally Posted by crcballer55

I'm looking forward to the November ballot when the voters get a mulligan to kill this after being lied to after being deceived for the past 4 years.

We all know it'll cost more than $68B and it won't deliver anywhere near what they have been promising. Why would someone be willing to pay more than $60 for a ticket from LA to SF that'll take 2.5 hrs. when you can make the same trip with a 1 hr. flight instead? Most people that will make that trip are business people and time is of the essence. Not to mention that with an expense account, even if the train is cheaper it won't matter.
Good thing your vote doesn't matter.
My vote only doesn't matter in national & legislative elections. The seats are already set before the election even takes place. Propositions are a completely different animal. Besides... most poles show that if it went to ballot again, it would be repealed.

Just read that $7.9B was approved for only the first 130 miles of track and various station upgrades. I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

we are supposed to get a bullet train to chicago i heard too.  kinda stupid though since flights are like 80 bucks. 

I can foresee now.... "I got scammed by this dude from LA!..Ill be knockin at your door in 3.5 Hours!"

But i really wanna know How much the fare going to be.. from SAC to LA.

Honestly idk how anybody can vote FOR this we always talking about how cali is in a huge defict and how they are cutting school programs and other %!#% that people need. BUT they can come up with the money for this +@!#!*@+? I mean thats cool and all to be able to head to la from the bay in a couple hours but that money could be used for so much other important things that could help out this state

Originally Posted by ectheg

would be dope if I live in cali. Alas, I'm riding SEPTA.

SEPTA is awful 
sick.gif
. They are one company that does not give a damn because they know there will always be a demand for public transportation. I've seen numerous buses/trains break down. Shoot, I've seen busses hit people on bicycles and keep driving

Originally Posted by MF Doomer

dope, but wasteful. 68 bill?! c'mon unemployment rates are staggering.
it would be a good source of jobs though right? construction and people to work on the train and everything once it's done. 

still a stupid waste of money though.

roll.gif

How long until it breaks down?
How long until they implement "security checkpoints"?
How long until the stories of ridiculous wait times?
How long until they need more money to extend the line and find out about the "unseen costs"?
How long until the rail brings in less revenue than planned?

The state being run like a business again, putting potential revenue over its schools, teachers, roads and workers.

high speed trains are the norm in europe and asia, its something that the government and really the general population need to realize is not for profit, but for ease of travel, a public service. there are tons of people who won't fly anywhere and the lack of proper railway infrastructure in america leaves people somewhat stranded.

but its mad expensive...

Imagine the kind of boost in economy it will give to the cities with stops. I may never leave Cali if this pops off.

When it comes to high speed rail the US is YEARS behind Europe and Asia. We are supposed to be one of the most advanced countries in the world yet we have no HPR. This is a step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom