California HS football discussion vol. Who else is in Nor Cal?

Originally Posted by solefob

I live about 5 minutes away from De La Salle, I still find it amazing that De La Salle continues its great play even when they don't have the greatest talent compared to other top state schools

I remember watching an ESPN special one time about De La Salle football. Their head coach even said it himself that he's probably not the best X'sand O's guy. But he has his players write down their goals for the week on a 3x5 card and they partner up with another teammate. That teammate makes surethat their partner is working his hardest in practice to prep him for the game so he can accomplish his written goals. Plus, they have team dinners where allthe players are invited to the coach's house on Thursday night, and the parents are welcome to attend as well. I think they're really good becausethey have a very strong CAMARADERIE with one another. They trust one another on and off the field, which translates to huge success.

De La Salle FTW!

I seen that centennial game...De La was lucky they couldn't stop the zone read option for *%!@

Originally Posted by G00NIE GOO GOO

I just remember watching the CIF State Title games the past season where D1, D2, and D3 schools from north and south played each other. Out of all the matchups, only one Nor Cal team won and it was De La Salle by 3 points (over my high school btw
mad.gif
). Is the talent gap that wide?

Oh and speaking of Oakland Tech, I remember reading about Long Beach Poly trying to schedule a game with them down here. I wonder if that actually happened. I can't even imagine a combination of Oakland and Long Beach crowds together
laugh.gif
Tech has been trash since Lynch left...the O.A.L. (Oakland Athletic Leauge) as a whole is pretty pathetic right now, the talent is there in some casesbut there are just to many other issues
edit: SoCal heads love to beat their chest but your best teams SHOULD beat our best teams...The number of athletes down there far exceed the number up here innorcal...Outside the bay are there isnt a single school worth mentioning when it comes to athletic programs...i guess St Marys of Stockton is an exception butthats more central cali anyway

laugh.gif

i remember when that came out. some of my friends made a comeback song that was
sick.gif
. thank god that never really got out, it woulda been really embarrassing

dfresh u go to saint francis? i played at bell. bjamez did u graduate in 06 from bell? i was 05

Originally Posted by solefob

I live about 5 minutes away from De La Salle, I still find it amazing that De La Salle continues its great play even when they don't have the greatest talent compared to other top state schools

I agree....and live in the same area.

They beat my HS to get the record originally. Wheaties box, holla.

They didn't (don't know if this has since changed) have mirrors in their weightroom.

If you wanted to be on special teams, you had to write an essay as to why you're a crazy mf'er and should be considered.

They weren't allowed to talk *#+ to the other team, i.e - Poly, even if the other team was or they'd be pulled. Don't know how strict they wereon that one...

If you were caught doing illegal *#+ (at least if you weren't a starter...lol) you wouldn't get your championship ring (or whatever they gave out).

dfresh u go to saint francis? i played at bell. bjamez did u graduate in 06 from bell? i was 05

'07, played bball and ran track in 04 and 05, then messed up my knee

Graduated from Saint Francis in '06.

That song was EVERYWHERE when it first dropped. Good thing we won or that would have looked real bad
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

The 2000-2002 squads of De La we're much better than the recent ones, IMO.

I agree. That 98-03 run with DJ Williams, Ken Simon, Demetrius Williams, and Maurice Drew were some amazing teams. We were beating them at halftime in2000.

Back
Top Bottom