California Law assault and battery charges? I need help

All this occured in my brothers university's dormitory building. Early this morning my brother (age 20) went over to his ex's to reconcile, he ended uphitting his ex's BEST FRIEND after she spit on him. His girlfriend told that she was cheating on them while they were together on a "break" andhe got mad. The best friend started arguing with him, she spat on his face and he retaliated by pushing her on the ground and kicking her in the face. He thenleft the scene. The police swoop him up while he is walking back to his dorm. They said it is a felony and placed him in a holding cell till his trial date onthursday. Bail is $5,000 but you can't pay that unless he you got the other $45,000 if he is convicted. Also , this is his first charge. The best friendended up spending the night in the hospital due to the severity of the injuries.

Will my bro go to jail?

wow, hitting a woman is not a good look
smh.gif
. He probably won't go to jail if he pleads out to a lesser charge.

Originally Posted by targiu23

All this occured in my brothers university's dormitory building. Early this morning my brother (age 20) went over to his ex's to reconcile, he ended up hit his ex's best friend after she spit on him. His girlfriend told that she was cheating on them while they were together on a "break" and he got mad. The best friend started arguing with him, she spat on his face and he retaliated by pushing her on the ground and kicking her in the face. He then left the scene. The police swoop him up while he is walking back to his dorm. They said it is a felony and placed him in a holding cell till his trial date on thursday. Bail is $5,000 but you can't pay that unless he you got the other $45,000 if he is convicted. Also , this is his first charge. The best friend ended up spending the night in the hospital due to the severity of the injuries. Will my bro go to prison jail?
Fixed.

And I'm not sure, but I wish him the best.

Glad to hear he's imprisoned for committing such a cowardly act. He just may get assault with a deadly weapon charges since he kicked her in the head(I'm assuming he wasn't barefoot). No offense, but I'm hoping he'll do some time for this.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

smh.gif

What lesser charge could he plead to?

I'm heading to the law library in 20 minutes and was gonna offer to glance through some California caselaw on domestic disputes for you, but then realizedyou said he kicked his girlfriend in the face.

Yeah, in that case he's on his own, amigo.

Originally Posted by carlosdapaperboy

smh.gif

What lesser charge could he plead to?
Due to the extent of the chick's injuries, he'll probably get charged with aggravated assault which is a felony. He might be able to pleaddown to a lesser charge of simple assault, which is only a misdemeanor. It really all depends on if the chick presses charges and the prosecutor. If he doesplead down, he'll probably get probation, have to pay for her medical expenses, and have to do community service.

just hire a good lawyer......

I hope he comes off with only probation.

Originally Posted by ReliantJ

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

Glad to hear he's imprisoned for committing such a cowardly act. He just may get assault with a deadly weapon charges since he kicked her in the head (I'm assuming he wasn't barefoot). No offense, but I'm hoping he'll do some time for this.
ohwell.gif
x2
SMH. In the heat of the moment people do crazy things. Imagine being pissed off and some chick spits on you. I would snap.

spitting in the face, believe it or not, can be classified as assault

if they can make a good argument for self defense then he may be strait, but someone said, that's not a good look

To clarify he hit his ex girlfriends best friend who spat him?
Dude should have taken a second to CHALLENGE the guy who spit on him.

"I CHALLENGE YOU TO A FIGHT FOR REASONS WHICH ARE OBVIOUS"
pimp.gif

Then if someone gets killed it's all good cause the challenge was made.
smokin.gif

also that's not how bail works, it sounds like his bail is set for 50,000, you have to pay 10% to the bail bonds people, they will pay the other 45

bail is only a DEPOSIT saying that he will show up for the trial so youll get it back if he shows, but if he doesn't show, then you forfeit 50,000 so ifyou can get the 5 gr together, then get your bro out

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Glad to hear he's imprisoned for committing such a cowardly act. He just may get assault with a deadly weapon charges since he kicked her in the head (I'm assuming he wasn't barefoot). No offense, but I'm hoping he'll do some time for this.
ohwell.gif
x2
SMH. In the heat of the moment people do crazy things. Imagine being pissed off and some chick spits on you. I would snap.

a LOT of murders are done in the heat of the moment, you're telling me thats alrite with you too?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

ohwell.gif
x2

a LOT of murders are done in the heat of the moment, you're telling me thats alrite with you too?

the heat of the moment defense has stood up in court

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

ohwell.gif
x2

Come on now. Were talking about a chick spitting on somebody. Not killing someone. Thats completely different.

If somebody killed in self defense thats fine by me.

Originally Posted by vctry20

OP I PMed you

dope avy suckafree
pimp.gif
Its ya boy, the hardest in the west yes literally , feds compare me to who? come on ya killin me

I've had Bay Area Bully on loop for about a month now

here in california the law is tough on such acts like that......I do understand the emotion that he is into but he should have been more cautious since he justkicked a girl in the face while she was down.....even a guy who is down the ground can't be kicked,coz that's considered as a cowardly act.Unless thatperson is carrying a weapon but he/she is not...he will spend time in jail for sure and a good amount of fine.....plus if the girl who was kicked in the facewill sue him for assault then he will have to pay for the medical bill and $$$ lot of those for her pain and whatever she will complain about.....your bro willlearn the hard way on how to control your temper here in california......

OP I PMed you

dope avy suckafree
pimp.gif
Its ya boy, the hardest in the west yes literally , feds compare me to who? come on ya killin me

I've had Bay Area Bully on loop for about a month now
yea that tape is straight heat from beginning to end. Can't wait for the Kush album to drop in January.

Back
Top Bottom