Calling a SPADE a SPADE as usual...

First of all the Wolf Howling is Hilarious...
:rofl:
roll.gif
Quote:
Destination Kicks is better than Jews Shoes

Glenn you better Trademark and get Incorporated now on that, cause even I would steal that name.

Pretty Tight... youngest in charge I say.

Next, my take on this subject is such:

You guys have to understand most of us are from the inner cities OR used to shopping at certain locales to get our kicks.

You need to see this perhaps as person located IN Georgetown. Remember back in the day for you 90's kids.. that going to G-town was a right of passage. If you could afford to shop down there you were DOING something.

Why? Because EVERYTHING just about was expensive down there. And why was it Up Against the Wall, Camander Salamander and every Arab Shop down there chrged a GRIP more than shops in Iverson, Landmark, Springfield or Forestville?

Cause it was Georgetown. Rent aside. There are ALOT of Hypebeast KIDS going to Georgetown who just roam down Wisconsin and M street between classes.

You have out of towners who come to Georgetown to shop. They know nothing about being a Hypebeast just doing Georgetown shopping.

They EXPECT the High Price Tag. Sort of like going to Neiman Marcus. If you go in there and THINK something you see in JC Penney or even Macys is goin to be the same price.

You are crazy.

In my eyes...it's not taking advantage of the Consumer. Its maximizing your Profits. If you want to pay close to retail there is always Shoe City, DTLR and Sports Zone even right down the street.

But for some they are not even aware what retail is. They just see a shoe and buy it. You have your Europeans who go and buy any Puma with vibrant colors JUST to wear to the Gym OR club.

You have your other shops down in Georgetown charging High Prices too, so just think about it as IT"s Georgetown. I don't think if MAJOR was located in Springfield Mall there would be prices like that.

If that makes sense. Just my Devils Advocate point of view. Cause I wouldn't pay those prices for some kicks. I am all about the sales!!! :wink:
wink.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Quote:
In my eyes...it's not taking advantage of the Consumer. Its maximizing your Profits. If you want to pay close to retail there is always Shoe City, DTLR and Sports Zone even right down the street.
roll.gif

Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - We are RESPECTED for a reason...
'TeePeso,' 'Destination Kicks,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz,' 'MyTSharp'​

Rock. What you are saying makes some sense...the whole hting is this. And I recall saying this waaaaaay back last year when that Major Thread was thrivin'...Their rent is probably astronomical. If so, they are forced to raise prices. If so, they can't afford to run markdowns like Shoe City (keep in mind that most Shoe City stores are in low rent distircts...meaning they can afford to run sales).

I don't think it's all about keeping up with the "Georgetown Prices"...morse...paying
Georgetown's right.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

Thats why Social Study has been here for so long. AJ told me himself, why mark it up? Nobody is gonna buy it, just sell it at retail, move the product and keep it movin' (yeah yeah to the K.I.M) instead of having a $200 shoe that no one is going to want sitting on the shelf.

My-T.
THE KIRKOUT HOUR LIVE THURSDAYS FROM 5-7EST ON WWW.XTSR.ORG
DOWNLOAD LAST WEEKS EPISODE MYSPACE FLICKR
MY BLOCK : BALTIMORE COMING SOON!​

^^^^^
Exactly. I guess it is a bit different for them because they don't get the foot traffic that Major does, but still.

It takes twice as much time and money to get a new customer then to keep the ones you have. Keep your customers happy and they will give you their money and bring you more customers.
STOCKS & BONDS
TEES COMING SOON

With the satisfaction that Social Studies provides...they'd shut it down if they were closer to DC.
Sig check...
EVERYDAY PPLE
IN EVERYDAY WE TRUST
www.everydaypple.com
LIKE. OR LOVE.

I don't see a problem with what MAJOR is doing from a financial standpoint. However as a consumer I think that they stepped outta line with pricing.

As far as customer service, I have never been treated in any negative form. evrytime I go in there I always get treated nicely, and I am by no means a HYPEBEAST or in that mindset. To those of you who have been "cheated" I am sorry but they are cool in there.

Social Study is def the best store in the area for pricing and customer care. AJ and Mike are always taking the extra step to ensure customer satisfaction.
Another one bites the dust!

If you stupid enough to pay the price that major puts out then it is on you.....Its all about dough for them but they won't get mine, until they drop those prices.....But on the real, even then their sale prices our other stores retail prices....

the shocking thing is they sold out of the ed lover/dre puma's charging 40 OVER RETAIL.

^their prices arent that bad unless you want something hyped up...

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

We spoke on this very subject on episode 3 on Ep.3...They won't get any of my money...And for a store thats supposed to be a upper eschelon boutiqe...I was dissapointed and kind of let down..Dudes sellin' the shelf models for full price :smh:
smh.gif
If you ain't watchin Kickin' it in the city...You should be ASHAMED of yourself!!!
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

I dunno I've been to major 4-5 times and they have always been nice to me, and i was in a old polo and beater 14's once and they were askin me q's for one of their vids so i dont see how their only nice to hypebeasts, but overall I like the store and its atmosphere and i dont see why people are trippin on one pair of trainers when most of their products like j's and tee's have been close to retail if not retail... cut the store some damn slack.

That kind of mark up is crazy. The principle behind it is that after it sells out... someone will eventually pay that price for it; however, it is better to liquidate the product for a 100% sell through then to just sit on it if you already have a nike account.
"The petty economics of the rich are just as amazing as the silly extravagances of the poor." ebengregory

Quote:
Glenn you better Trademark and get Incorporated now on that, cause even I would steal that name.

Pretty Tight... youngest in charge I say.
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

hmmmmmm...im gonna put my personal dislike towards major to the side for a sec....
*takes deep breath*

I think the point being made here is that Major is going way over there head in terms of the prices. They are taking their status for granted and abusing the @#%$ out of it. They portray this certain image that is suposed to cator to the urban consumer on some ForUsByUs type @#%$, but in the same instance @#%$ the consumer all at once.
Very seldom do I agree with EOH but he is right about the food chain breakdown, but there are limitations and guidlines to follow business wise and morally.
Like Levan said, $150 would have been feasable, but $200 is just screaming "@#%$ you, pay me"

I have to disagree with Rock
Quote:
They EXPECT the High Price Tag. Sort of like going to Neiman Marcus. If you go in there and THINK something you see in JC Penney or even Macys is goin to be the same price.

You are crazy.

:lol:
laugh.gif
Quote:
the shocking thing is they sold out of the ed lover/dre puma's charging 40 OVER RETAIL.

see that was actually "exclusive" and very few stores in general carried that shoe...there was little justice in that move...

Glen :lol:
laugh.gif

Tommie I got the same speach from AJ and he is 100% right. Thanks to all the stores keeping @#%$ retail...
Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

Quote:
Glen...your gonna need a black guy with dreads...thats the hot . get at me
DestinationKicks: real great idea tommie, real great stereotee : you never f'n know these days stereotee : remember the alamo
"There is a fanbase that wants to hear good music, but there is a media that promotes foolishness." -Rhymefest

Nicely put Shuman I see we share many of the same thoughts on this matter. If you don't mind me asking what is "your personal dislike with major"?

@da703trailblaza

Are you sure?? Mostly everything is jacked up...Nike jackets, air max, etc....It may not be a lot but 10 to 15 dollars. But I ain't hating/they do what they do. But that is one of the reasons they still got all that stock in there....Stupid @#%$ videos for overhyped @#%$...It just makes me sick

Quote:
Friendship Heights

Yeah g-town shopping is not high end,plus most of the time i see more kids running around than grow folks who know how to act.FH is sweet much better than g-town,that barneys is better that's the store right there.Hahah to anyone that pays over retail for the stuff major is pushing most of it you can get online for same price or lower.I believe Major has the price's because they prey on the newbie's who don't really know,or really wanna say they was shopping at Major and not sportszone.Supreme has been around many many years 13 i believe??So they carry more weight than anyone,no matter what people say to me their stuff is always good product after good product,they will be around forever.
~Chris

Quote:
Georgetown is a Urban retail shopping district.
roll.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
roll.gif
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Back
Top Bottom