Calling FOOT LOCKER out.... JUST DO IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok no one else wants to create a thread about this so I'm gonna "Just do it. "

As many of you are aware FTL has invested 100 million dollars into the resell market by teaming up with GOAT. Now ok that didn't bother me too much because it just meant alot of their stock that sells online would go to GOAT and I never score online anyways especially since I wear size 8.5(money size). However, where I have problem is when the managers at these stores think they can manipulate the shoe game at in store locations. Some of y'all might be ok with this because you're cool with these managers or employees and they backdoor you pairs. In that case you can exit stage right..... This thread is not for you. I'm just here to share my bad experience on an open platform and I hope others do too. Us as consumers have rights so I'm gonna speak up even if nobody else does.

So yesterday I was at Foot Locker at MacArthur Mall in Norfolk , VA. I decided since i did not wIn the raffle on the app I would go ahead and wait it out for 2-3 hours and pickup an unclaimed pair of the Women's UNC Jordan 1. I just knew there would be a couple pairs remaining. So I was there waiting with one other guy at around 3pm. This same guy not only got the "1" unclaimed pair at 6pm but I also watched him backdoor a pair for a FTL empolyee at 4pm that was working there at that time yesterday.
So what happened was we both were standing in front of the store at 4pm. He walks in the store and then walks out with a bag with a pair of the UNC's. I asked him how he got them and he says its his friends pair. 3 minutes later his buddy, a FTL employee, walks out of FTL and they start leaving. As they are walking away I see the employee and his friend do the exchange. About $200 cash for the shoes. And 15 mins later guess what!? The employee is back in the store working and his buddy is back waiting in line with me for the unclaimed pairs. The employee obviously took the pair to his car in the parking garage.
Ok onto 6pm now. There is now a line of about only 12 people waiting . I'm #2 and the guy that helped backdoor a pair is #1. His buddy walks out from the back of the store with one pair saying this is the only pair remaining. Yes the employees friend gets that pair. Also that same employee that backdoored a pair at 4pm is now getting off work at 6pm and is leaving the store with another pair. I seen a couple more employees leave with pairs at 6pm too.

Just want y'all to know this crap is gonna keep happening and I hope others speak out. Myself, I'm a business graduate from Old Dominion in Norfolk. So I'm not just some flunky off the streets. I know all about business ethics and consumer rights. I will be talking with corporate and tell them to check the cameras and check the transactions for UNC Jordan 1 release at that store.

BTW, shout out to the store manager and mastermind Steve that runs that operation at FTL Macarthur Mall.

Last edited:
I don't condone it but this is normal practice in the shoe game now. I don't even care anymore, since I don't buy in store anymore. If I don't get online then I just buy from GOAT or Stock X and pay the increased cost.

Sadly I doubt corporate does anything.

They'll likely just direct you to someone else, maybe even to a person at the store that was backdooring pairs.

Crap has been going on forever.

Yeah the problem is they don't care, they just want everything sold. It's one reason I hate the shoe game but can't do anything about it

Even if you would have been able to get a pair you still would have lost, because you had to stand in front of a shoe store for 3+ hours. Seriously. Don't do that **** ever again. I'm not trying to be cute, or funny, I'm serious as a heart attack. Don't let anyone make you jump through hoops to spend your money on a pair of shoes.

Same thing I saw happening at finish line for the infrared release. Personally, I don't think they care as long as the shoes get sold. Lots of shady activity goes on around big releases.

2u9s6s-1.jpg

That’s why I do everything online now and don’t bother with in-store unless I win a raffle. Yes I get beat by bots online but I can’t imagine driving 20-45 minutes to a mall, standing on a line for hours only for ppl to do that **** right in front of me and go home empty handed. I’d lose it in store and don’t want to put myself in that situation.

Sucks but it’s not the first time and won’t be the last time. I’m sure many have same/worse stories. I’ve seen a manager reprimand an employee while he’s ringing me up (back when the multicolor adidas zx flux were hot) because the manager was holding all the stock in the back and employee didn’t check in with manager before he took pair out.

Last year when the cool grey 11 lows dropped fcfs I went to the mall & me & 2 other guys were waiting. I was the 1st one there. Asked for a sz 9.5 & he said another employee is holding the 9.5 & 9. Lol....for lows. Keep in mind everything has been app reserves for a while before the lows dropped so it looks like they've been so thirsty to backdoor something fcfs for a while. Walked over to champs, no one in line. Was able to look @ 3 pairs & picked a winner. Champs manager always been cool there for years. Really old dude who cares nothing about shoes so they're always on point.

Lol, backdooring cool grey 11 lows that sat on shelves:lol:...lame.

Money talks, always has and always will. Either play the game or keep it moving

Money talks, always has and always will. Either play the game or keep it moving
I always found it funny how ppl get a job for money & then risk the consistency of that job for even less money. Lol, hustling backwards, some game.

I always found it funny how ppl get a job for money & then risk the consistency of that job for even less money. Lol, hustling backwards, some game.

When do FTL employees every get fired?! Like I said ****s been going on forever and it’s even worse now. Winning on the apps don’t matter especially if you hit at a corrupt store. There’s atleast one in Michigan that’s been doing the same shady **** before the apps and guess what, still doing it now and selling most of the stock thru the backdoor to known resellers.

Footlocker ain’t stopping nothing

Sounds like the usual.. they just did it in the open kind of. I already said investing millions into a reselling company is a huge conflict of interest.. I don't see how could possibly benefit the consumer.

Never said ftl was going to stop it. I said ppl risk their jobs for chump change. Just because we dont hear about ppl getting fired doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Not exactly something someone would broadcast. Nor would it prevent other employees from continuing to backdoor. High % of ppl get caught robbing banks, doesn't prevent other from doing it. Like you said, it'll never stop.

At the end of the day ppl are still risking their job which is stupid no matter how low the risk is....imo.

So yesterday I was at Foot Locker at MacArthur Mall in Norfolk , VA. I decided since i did not wIn the raffle on the app I would go ahead and wait it out for 2-3 hours and pickup an unclaimed pair of the Women's UNC Jordan 1. I just knew there would be a couple pairs remaining. So I was there waiting with one other guy at around 3pm. This same guy not only got the "1" unclaimed pair at 6pm but I also watched him backdoor a pair for a FTL empolyee at 4pm that was working there at that time yesterday.
So what happened was we both were standing in front of the store at 4pm. He walks in the store and then walks out with a bag with a pair of the UNC's. I asked him how he got them and he says its his friends pair. 3 minutes later his buddy, a FTL employee, walks out of FTL and they start leaving. As they are walking away I see the employee and his friend do the exchange. About $200 cash for the shoes. And 15 mins later guess what!? The employee is back in the store working and his buddy is back waiting in line with me for the unclaimed pairs. The employee obviously took the pair to his car in the parking garage.
Ok onto 6pm now. There is now a line of about only 12 people waiting . I'm #2 and the guy that helped backdoor a pair is #1. His buddy walks out from the back of the store with one pair saying this is the only pair remaining. Yes the employees friend gets that pair. Also that same employee that backdoored a pair at 4pm is now getting off work at 6pm and is leaving the store with another pair. I seen a couple more employees leave with pairs at 6pm too.

Just want y'all to know this crap is gonna keep happening and I hope others speak out. Myself, I'm a business graduate from Old Dominion in Norfolk. So I'm not just some flunky off the streets. I know all about business ethics and consumer rights. I will be talking with corporate and tell them to check the cameras and check the transactions for UNC Jordan 1 release at that store.

BTW, shout out to the store manager and mastermind Steve that runs that operation at FTL Macarthur Mall.
I'm having a hard time understanding why you wouldnt just push lucky Larry tf out of the way and tell him to kick rocks. Ill be damned if I sit there and watch that unfold twice in a row. Id have made a huge scene about it and gotten either the manager or security involved if they wanted me out of their hair. Either I get my UNC 1s or I follow the guy who did out to the parking lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom