Calvin Harris steals rapper's music video and whitewashes it for Black History Month

ORIGINAL Music Video (NOVEMBER 21 2018 ):

Calvin Harris Music Video (JANUARY 25 2019):

IMG_6058.JPG
IMG_6059.JPG
IMG_6060.JPG

you'd think all these screengrabs are from the same music video right?

wrong.

in each picture, the top one is from MAJESTY, and the bottom one is from Calvin Harris' video.

Wasiu is from Montreal, half-Haitian, half-Nigerian. Apashe is half-Indian & half-Russian but is from Belgium and moved to Montreal.

Ironically, after a twitter exchange, Calvin Harris (the world's highest paid producer, worth over $100 Million) went onto call Dubstep "Nazi Headbanger Music"

Nazi? Yet his white-washed music video copied a lead-black and indian cowboys music video. He copies that, and has an all-white cast in his version of the music video.

IMG_6061.JPG

IMG_6037.PNG

IMG_6038.PNG

IMG_6043.PNG

The link Calvin Harris provided:

https://www.vice.com/amp/en_uk/article/exmmnm/dublins-teenage-horse-thugs

aint no red tracksuit and similar scenery in the link he provided. "MAJESTY" was definitely used as a reference.

It's really crappy for a huge producer to take from an up-and-coming rapper from Canada's stuff when if you aren't getting a Drake co-sign, you're most likely not going to make it out of there. At least if Calvin Harris acknowledged and credited him, it'd be a different story. Instead, he has a bunch of news articles and SJW's going in on him calling stuff "Nazi" so lightly and telling someone they're the reason that people kill themselves:

IMG_6062.JPG

Marshmello and some other huge top 100 artists in the world from the EDM World went onto defend Calvin Harris too:

IMG_6063.jpg

The still's are misleading, other than the people riding horses and the tracksuits, they're quite different from each other.

Faux outrage strikes again

Man when it comes to this type of BS I just don’t care. It’s a music video. They’ll have to be all out blatant and vocal for me to be a rise of of it.

And yes, I DONT know who this guy is

I know he did a song with Future and his name was deceiving to me lol...that’s it tho

damn you are super washed if you don't know who calvin harris is
well maybe not but i am sure you've heard one of his songs somewhere

if not then i stand by my original statement

Was it really Calvin that "stole" the video(its one part, really) or the director? Who directed the video??

Checked my apple music, he did the Funk Wav joint. Slide :smokin

Ive heard This Is What You Came For too, I didn't know that was Rihanna wtf

I'm not familiar with Calvin Harris is but I feel like I've heard his name in the news about some f'ery before.

Back
Top Bottom