Calvin Johnson's Megatron Inspired CJ81 Collection: Release Info

Sample pair I found on eBay.
Loved this line so much.

Attachments

• 8338A922-5CB1-4431-B372-A3DE3D200541.jpeg
    8338A922-5CB1-4431-B372-A3DE3D200541.jpeg
    523.1 KB · Views: 181
Just watched the video on youtube about his retirement. It’s amazing how 1 franchise can have 2 of best skill position players EVER and go nowhere and mistreat them after the fact. Embarrassing. His cleats were great to play in though. Still have a barely used pair of the 3s.

Wow, this was a nice thread revival. I still say that his first sig was the best, that strap was amazing, the colorways were great. I remember a lot of discussion when Nike changed his logo for the second edition.

I'll add my two pairs to the thread. The volt/blue CJ Trainer Max is such a cool colorway. And I went with the purple pair of the CJ2's.
PXL_20211105_222825247.jpg
PXL_20211105_222752626.jpg

It's totally true that these were probably one of the most slept on signatures as they were done very well. I wore the yellow ones 1 time to a sales training seminar when I was selling cars (that went over well, with some of the stuffed shirts, but hey I was on my time) and the 2s are DS. With the decision to leave the hobby and only keep a small selection of shoes, I'm getting rid of mostly everything. If anyone is interested, let me know. 👍

I'm gonna have to pull my pairs and get a flick of everything. Really bummed there aren't any more signature trainers.

CJ had a nice signature line, very underrated. Nike made some of the best apparel for him too. Shoe Palace actually still has some on their site for purchase

Sick collection. I had 3 pairs of the Cj81s, and 1 of the CJ trainer 3s. Only one pair survives. I should have taken better care of them I doubt these ever retro.

One of my all time favorite shoes. Here is my small collection. I actually have the Detroit Tiger and Lions pairs of the CJ Max on the way from eBay. Have the Transformers toy too 🙂

I regret not getting any of the III's but I will peruse the bay for those too.

PXL_20211113_055619388.jpg

PXL_20211113_055651391.jpg

^, thank you! I really should have bought more of all of em when I had the chance, not a lot of DS pairs on eBay any longer and I am with you, I highly doubt Nike ever retros them.

^, I have my eye on both of em on eBay, but they each are $350. That's a lot of money. The Lunar TR1 just happens to be one of my favorite shoes too.

76CA2B1F-BA4B-4DB4-B0B0-ED031096C4FC.jpeg

I think that’s everything that ever released to the public

I gotta wear some of this stuff soon. They are about to be unwearable in a few years

^, I have my eye on both of em on eBay, but they each are $350. That's a lot of money. The Lunar TR1 just happens to be one of my favorite shoes too.
Both super rare and originally only released in a handful of places in the world if I remember correctly.
link to eBay listing?

^,

Here is the Rice pair link.

And the CJ pair.

Back
Top Bottom