Can a "letterman" jacket be tailored?

I was given a "letterman" style jacket (wool body, leather sleeves) which is much too large for me, however, I really like the jacket.  I'm wondering if I can get it tailored to make it fit me.  Is this possible?  I'm thinking it's going to be tricky with the leather... I tried google but didn't find any real insights either way.

Anyone with any experiences?

I was given a "letterman" style jacket (wool body, leather sleeves) which is much too large for me, however, I really like the jacket.  I'm wondering if I can get it tailored to make it fit me.  Is this possible?  I'm thinking it's going to be tricky with the leather... I tried google but didn't find any real insights either way.

Anyone with any experiences?

I too would like to know this, especially for an all leather jacket. I lost mad weight and have some pricey ones I would love to wear

I too would like to know this, especially for an all leather jacket. I lost mad weight and have some pricey ones I would love to wear

Yes they can be tailored. I was going to have a leather my ex copped for me a couple of years ago tailored because she got it a bit too big. It's going to cost you a nice piece of change. The place I went to wanted about $130 to tailor my leather to my liking. Check with different cleaner spots and see if they do alterations and shop around on the price. It's about time to have that leather tailored for myself. Good luck.

Yes they can be tailored. I was going to have a leather my ex copped for me a couple of years ago tailored because she got it a bit too big. It's going to cost you a nice piece of change. The place I went to wanted about $130 to tailor my leather to my liking. Check with different cleaner spots and see if they do alterations and shop around on the price. It's about time to have that leather tailored for myself. Good luck.

yeap they sure can, but you gotta do some research to find a good one so that your jacket comes out how you want it and is not butchered. Its also expensizecan be upwards to half the price you paid for the jacket

yeap they sure can, but you gotta do some research to find a good one so that your jacket comes out how you want it and is not butchered. Its also expensizecan be upwards to half the price you paid for the jacket

Thanks for the responses.  I wouldn't mind paying around $100-$150 for the alterations as I didn't even pay anything for the jacket...

Thanks for the responses.  I wouldn't mind paying around $100-$150 for the alterations as I didn't even pay anything for the jacket...

Back
Top Bottom