Can Filipinos please explain something to me. food related

So my girl who is Puerto Rican invites me to her Filipina friends house today to eat dinner and so Im like what the heck im hungry.. Her father then offersme what appears to be a hard boiled egg which I deny because I am full and I found it weird that my girl and her friend chuckled so im like ???? her dad thencracks it open and
sick.gif
OH MY!!!!!!! please explain this Balut

supposed to be really healthy and considered an aphrodisiac. but it's a nearly developed embryo boiled. Not philipino but I lived in Korea for a year.

BAH-LUT is basically crack. Looks can be deceiving.. just don't eat the beak. Most Filipinos (as well as most Asians), especially those that live inAsia, will eat anything as long as it tastes good. Just an example, someone who is born in a place that doesn't cook cows may come to America and be like,why do you kill cows, that's weird.
grin.gif

My mom also eats snails back in the Philippines and to me, that sounds
sick.gif

Originally Posted by AJ fanatic

supposed to be really healthy and considered an aphrodisiac. but it's a nearly developed embryo boiled. Not philipino but I lived in Korea for a year.

you got to be !$*@#%* kidding
embarassed.gif
sick.gif

they had a special on this on national geographic....

people in the phill. eat that stuff all the time...

they showed tourists tryin it and they were throwin up

I am Filipino and I can have my occasional Balut. Not a big fan of it though. It does taste pretty good though.

balut is nasty, i hate filipino food, abobo,deneguan,palabuc,etc = trash.... other asian foods > filipino food all day, every day

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

balut is nasty, i hate filipino food, abobo,deneguan,palabuc,etc = trash.... other asian foods > filipino food all day, every day
smh.gif

no wonder your girl left you for smush

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

And you're a Filipino? Sorry but I feel bad for your parents. Of all the cultural things that are usually passed on by Filipino parents totheir kids here in the US, the love for Filipino food is usually the one that sticks. However, I'm not here to judge you or your family but I just feelit's a shame that you're a Filipino who doesn't like Filipino food.

I've tried Balut before.... I couldn't eat the chicken though, only the yolk.

Filipinos who won't like Filipino food, that's crazy talk.

Sisig is definitely one of my favourite foods. Pig ear and pig brain. Hell yes.

Back
Top Bottom