Can Filipinos please explain something to me. food related

Originally Posted by rtz13

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

balut is nasty, i hate filipino food, abobo,deneguan,palabuc,etc = trash.... other asian foods > filipino food all day, every day
smh.gif

no wonder your girl left you for smush
that makes 0 sense because she was vietnamese.....

And you're a Filipino? Sorry but I feel bad for your parents. Of all the cultural things that are usually passed on by Filipino parents to their kids here in the US, the love for Filipino food is usually the one that sticks. However, I'm not here to judge you or your family but I just feel it's a shame that you're a Filipino who doesn't like Filipino food.
yea, they love filipino food, so its all good, count me out though....

I've tried Balut before.... I couldn't eat the chicken though, only the yolk.

Filipinos who won't like Filipino food, that's crazy talk.

Sisig is definitely one of my favourite foods. Pig ear and pig brain. Hell yes.

iyea, you should see the salty looks i get at filipino parties or family parties, when i turn the food down like its a ultimate sin

lao folks eat it too. but we call it kai luuk. just tastes like an egg x chicken.
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ dudes scared to eat an egg.

yea, you should see the salty looks i get at filipino parties or family parties, when i turn the food down like its a ultimate sin
I can only imagine...*In filipino accent* "you eat! you eat!"
laugh.gif

you prob get a lot of these
indifferent.gif
after you say no.

It's a shame you don't like filipino food though.....not even lumpia!?

balut is nasty, i hate filipino food, abobo,deneguan,palabuc,etc = trash.... other asian foods > filipino food all day, every day
smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

i knew it was gonna be balut

its basically an semi developed duck egg

its somewhat of an acquired taste... but its very delicious and tasty. especially the juice. dont let the appearance fool u.

Originally Posted by marath0n

damn my new girl is filipino.. is this what I have to look forward to?

nah homie...a majority of filipinos don't eat balut in the US

stay away from dinuguan tho.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

yea, you should see the salty looks i get at filipino parties or family parties, when i turn the food down like its a ultimate sin
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
after you say no.

man... i swear i tried to like it, i tried eating it.. the girlfriend after the smush girl was filipino and she swore to God she could cook filipino food thati would like...

one night,we had a dinner completely compiled of filipino food, all home cooked, i just sat there staring at it, and she got pissed, because i was trying toavoid eating everything and just kept picking at a piece of pandesal...

i just cant man... its like nasty to me... me and my dad got into a fights over this al through my childhood, i would sit there just staring at my plate and iwould be like, cant you make fried chicked or steak... he was like, "how come you dont like filipino food! you are filipino..!" honestly i think imjust so shocked from being fooled that "it was chocolate beef, when it really wasnt.." from that point on i was like, im good...

Balut is good. It not a delicacy like another person said. They not expensive or something Filipinos eat on special occasions.

I think it's more of a mental think where people see it the first time and get grossed out and will not try it. But oh well.

Also the way people eat is is you crack the tip of the shell first suck out the juice in the egg which is good, then it's up to you if you want to take outor eat the un born chick.

Back in the Philippines my cousins have contests when we drink San Miguel to see who can eat the most balut with the unborn chicks.
laugh.gif

But yeah eat the yoke with salt after you suck out the juice and it's really good.

Also eating to much balut can cause you to get a bad headache
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by marath0n

smh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

lol, that would only be funny if the girl was flip, but she wasnt lol

If you want brownie points from your girl's fam (especially props from the dad) you should have ate it.

Then again, I haven't tried it at all and I'm part Filipino haha.

Originally Posted by ShoeHead117

laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
after you say no.

man... i swear i tried to like it, i tried eating it.. the girlfriend after the smush girl was filipino and she swore to God she could cook filipino food that i would like...

one night,we had a dinner completely compiled of filipino food, all home cooked, i just sat there staring at it, and she got pissed, because i was trying to avoid eating everything and just kept picking at a piece of pandesal...

i just cant man... its like nasty to me... me and my dad got into a fights over this al through my childhood, i would sit there just staring at my plate and i would be like, cant you make fried chicked or steak... he was like, "how come you dont like filipino food! you are filipino..!" honestly i think im just so shocked from being fooled that "it was chocolate beef, when it really wasnt.." from that point on i was like, im good...
laugh.gif

Man it's all good. I dont see how some guys are tripping on you here about you being Filipino not liking filipino food. I have a filipino friend and hisdad always makes filipino food for party's and family get together's and whenver I'm at his pad he always ask me to go to the hole in the wallmexican fast food joint to get mexican food or a carane asada burrito cause he's tired of eating filipino food.

I lived with some vietnamese people for a year or so. They ate this sometimes and always offered but I never had the balls to give it a try. There was somekind of real expencive vietnamese fruit they would get that was pretty good. no baby ducks for me though, least as long as it looks like a duck. if you cut itinto bites and put it in something id try it.

I eat it and I love it, it actually tastes very good but the thought of eating an unborn duck grosses many people out..and the texture..I don't thinkyou'd like it. I love the yellow part, but I think the duck is the best part. Rich in protein
smile.gif

I'm not a big fan of dinaguan, palabok..

but Adobo of all things?...that's so generic in flavor..all it is, is soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger .....all staples of asian cooking.. if you likeother asian foods....how can you not like that?

I used to eat balut once a day when i was a kid.. its that good ..to me..

Balut and chicharon FTW!

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

And you're a Filipino? Sorry but I feel bad for your parents. Of all the cultural things that are usually passed on by Filipino parents to their kids here in the US, the love for Filipino food is usually the one that sticks. However, I'm not here to judge you or your family but I just feel it's a shame that you're a Filipino who doesn't like Filipino food.

hes a coconut
laugh.gif
...although im not a fan of the chocolate meat
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom