Can someone explain why people buy previous generation luxury cars?

seth k

Banned
Do they not know that people can tell they’re driving the old version? I don’t see the point. If you’re driving a 2006 5-series nobody thinks you’re balling. There are far more practical options you should be driving as you work your way towards affording a luxury car people might actually be impressed by. I can’t even imagine what kind of stacks you have to drop on the maintenance.
sick.gif
I don’t understand how previous generation luxury cars even get sold. It’s basically like driving a car that says, “I don’t make much money, and I probably financed this old version at a really high interest rate.

You sound really pretentious right now. Why are so you worried about what other people are driving? Maybe the person liked the style of the previous generation?

The only real point you made was that the maintenance is probably ridiculous to keep up with.

"When they make the car you like, your chips ain't right..."

Could also be depreciation.

work your way towards affording a luxury car people might actually be impressed by.

indifferent.gif

Stop worrying bout what others are pushing, some people like older bodys, but some people do buy em just to "stunt" and birds still will be impressed
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Translation: I do what I do to impress others. Good for you, brah.

No the people who buy luxury cars do it to impress others. I didn't say what kind of car I drive.

Bad troll is bad. Your telling me op that you would buy a new luxury car every year ? They're still nice cars though

maybe its the best car they can afford. I'll take a great used car over a pos new one anyday

Some people have an emotional connection with the cars they like. For the longest time I've wanted an e46 M3 and I wouldn't scoff at the opportunity to pick up one in decent condition even though the last year of that body style was 2006

Really bro??have u even seen a 2006 5 series??Yo son my best freinds dad got mad paper im talking stacks on stacks he got a 5 series 2006 brand new in 05 shipd from overseas he barley got like 30,000 miles on it and if he was to ever sell for cheap id try to scoop but that @+!%* new was like 50-60 racks new   so i dont even know what u could be talking about

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Bad troll is bad. Your telling me op that you would buy a new luxury car every year ? They're still nice cars though

I know families who do that, but that's not what I'm saying. But if you can afford and are into luxury cars you upgrade when noticeable changes occur, i.e. 3 years. People who buy the old ones are suckers. You buy luxury cars to floss, buying the old joint is flossing that your paper ain't right, basically.E46 M3 damn near a classic, specialty cars like that don't really count.

the older model benz's is nice. and i truly doubt someone would think i was passin it off as new...shut up

So what if you buy a new 5 series in 2012...then keep it for 5 year because you don't like the look of a newer model....you aren't doing it?
What if you just like older models better so you buy a used old one...you aren't doing it? (2011 3 series is way nicer then 2012 they keep the 2012 body i would never buy that thing)

What if the new model has a remade engine or something that got bad reviews and older versions are more reliable?

What if you can get a 2011 for 10k cheaper and its the same looking as a brand new one...slap rims on the 2011 with the extra 10k seems like a better idea then a new one with stock rims.  Not making you cheap, just practical

There are tons of reasons OP.  New car depreciation alone is good enough for me.  Leasing is stupid if you actually like the car and want to keep it a long time.  But whatever

I want this

2572dc12ff6c8e36bf34675bd2bcaf82.jpg

This is an 08......old car ftl...would never want this...

740hp-renntech-mercedes-slr-mclaren-722-2008-3.jpg

laugh.gif
didn't know you had to upgrade with every new redesign and sometimes the new body is worse than the last. OP sounds like he couldn't get the financing he needed.

i kinda see where famb is going...

why cop an old luxury whip for 30K when you can buy a similar sized whip 5 years newer w/ 100K less miles for the same price...

i know my girl is like this...

she's breaking her neck trying to cop a 2003 BMW... and she's in college...

i'm like "babe... just get a toyota. they're super reliable and you prolly wont have maintenance issues to the extent you would with an older car"..

she doesnt listen... she's really trying to show that status...

smh...

Back
Top Bottom