Can this be legal? Crazy long driveway, sign warns nobody gets out alive...

Originally Posted by xanadu one

i hate to do this to another Michigan fan..........................ducktales.

we have the same damn story over here in the south bay (SoCal)
up in Palos Verdes there is a the Vanderlipse Estate. same story. almost identical. just minus the sign.
hahahaha I used to roll with a few dudes from PV who told me bout this.  They said that some dude would come out with a shotgun and start firing away. 

not to threadjack, but whats up with PV and spooky places?  I'm guessin you know about the Haunted Chapel?  Its probably all urban myths, but my buddy told me there is this outdoor hallway of sorts, that if you walk down in and walk back up, it won't look the same coming back.  

up in Palos Verdes there is a the Vanderlipse Estate. same story. almost identical. just minus the sign.
Maybe, there's some sort of base here and there.. that involves with the feds. 
nerd.gif

Maybe, there's some sort of base here and there.. that involves with the feds. 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

hahahaha I used to roll with a few dudes from PV who told me bout this.  They said that some dude would come out with a shotgun and start firing away. 

not to threadjack, but whats up with PV and spooky places?  I'm guessin you know about the Haunted Chapel?  Its probably all urban myths, but my buddy told me there is this outdoor hallway of sorts, that if you walk down in and walk back up, it won't look the same coming back.  

naw, i don't recall the chapel. but i'm 30 now so the stories might have changed.
the Vanderlipse story was if you tried to walk up the long driveway by the time you got half way up you could hear the attack dogs running down towards you. they had their vocal chords removed so you couldn't hear them bark. all you heard was the claws running on the pavement. and then right behind them would be an old black hearse hauling $@* down the driveway at you with the lights off. pretty much chasing you out.

naw, i don't recall the chapel. but i'm 30 now so the stories might have changed.
the Vanderlipse story was if you tried to walk up the long driveway by the time you got half way up you could hear the attack dogs running down towards you. they had their vocal chords removed so you couldn't hear them bark. all you heard was the claws running on the pavement. and then right behind them would be an old black hearse hauling $@* down the driveway at you with the lights off. pretty much chasing you out.

I think someone said this earlier...
But maybe this is some sort of militia group

7bdd1ab72a3989a24a6e50ffcf4712f3.jpg

I think someone said this earlier...
But maybe this is some sort of militia group

7bdd1ab72a3989a24a6e50ffcf4712f3.jpg

so i googled it.  looks like the two are related.  The "haunted" chapel is the Wayfarer Chapel which is next to (or near) the Vanderlip Mansion.  Funny thing is, when I was lookin for wedding venue's my wife actually wanted to check out this place but I said I aint gettin married in no haunted chapel.  

so i googled it.  looks like the two are related.  The "haunted" chapel is the Wayfarer Chapel which is next to (or near) the Vanderlip Mansion.  Funny thing is, when I was lookin for wedding venue's my wife actually wanted to check out this place but I said I aint gettin married in no haunted chapel.  

LOL, I use to believe all this crap too.  In HS, me and some homies went driving over there trying to spook ourselves.  Even my sister who was an 80s teen believed it.  That Vanderlips mansion has so many urban legends.  Supposedly the ghost of the wife or daughter haunted the place.

Then I read an article on dailybreeze last year and found out that place isnt haunted at all. 

http://activerain.com/blo...ip-dies-at-the-age-of-90

LOL, I use to believe all this crap too.  In HS, me and some homies went driving over there trying to spook ourselves.  Even my sister who was an 80s teen believed it.  That Vanderlips mansion has so many urban legends.  Supposedly the ghost of the wife or daughter haunted the place.

Then I read an article on dailybreeze last year and found out that place isnt haunted at all. 

http://activerain.com/blo...ip-dies-at-the-age-of-90

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm kind of hoping theres an NTer who lives in my area who will be brave enough to go down that driveway
roll.gif
Grand Rapids, Mich

But its literally like a 4 foot wide, 2 foot tall sign... White with red lettering.... crazy
I live in Grand Rapids and i'll go Tell me how to get there from downtown GR

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I'm kind of hoping theres an NTer who lives in my area who will be brave enough to go down that driveway
roll.gif
Grand Rapids, Mich

But its literally like a 4 foot wide, 2 foot tall sign... White with red lettering.... crazy
I live in Grand Rapids and i'll go Tell me how to get there from downtown GR

Back
Top Bottom