Can We Do It?? Our Own Lil Music Discussion Thread...

Originally Posted by RUDYL0PEZ

Thoughts on DJ Doc Rok's American Zeppelin?

It's been getting mad spins here at the store and in my opinion, is better than Danger Mouse's Grey Album.

I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm proud of the homie for getting some major national shine for that joint.

Ted Nugent is known now more for being a political loudmouth than for his music but back in the day he couldblow most bands off of the stage, this is circa '76

Some more mean electric guitar playing, also from '76 but this time coming from another planet
pimp.gif

is anybody as disappointed with hi-tek's new compilation as I am? I felt like the only thing worth listening to here is the track with ghostface andraekwon, the talib joint, and the already heard little brother joint...hi-teknology 2 was great so I had high hopes
eyes.gif

i know im prolly lare but the Art or Story Tellin pt. 4
eek.gif
....one of thebest tracks i've heard in years

is anybody as disappointed with hi-tek's new compilation as I am?
man.
frown.gif
I was not pleased at this album at all! I swear Ilistened to it at LEAST 6 times already and still no budge.
I feel like 1 and 2 were classics, personally I am a fan of how he puts together an album. Mixing the mainstream with the underground. Gettin tracks fromartist you prolly havnt heard from Jinx da Juvi, Donte, Main Flow (Hi-Tek 1), Pretty Ugly, Strong Arm Steady, Dion (Hi-tek 2) then you got that one track TonyGuitar Watson (Hi Tek 1) then his fathers track from The Willie Cottrell Band (Hi-Tek 2) then finally from more known artist Common, Mos, Talib, Busta, TheGame and Nas. The blueprints to his albums are dope but 3 was terrible. More unknown artist then known, then the unknown artist were garbage compared to theprevious. The track he did for Young Buck and The Outlawz - Ridin down the freeway was 10 times better then the joint for this album. I had high hopes for thisjoint...

I hope Lupe and 88-Keys album make up for this...

The new Lupe album is taking me a little longer to get into than the first, but I am liking what I am hearing.

The Little Brother "Get Back" is a funny album to me. It's in my mind that the album is not that good, but everytime I listen to it, I questionwhat I was thinking before I put it in. (lol) I don't think it's their best album, but in comparison I think the first two are so incredible that onestep below their norm is still 10 steps ahead of most of the stuff dropping right now.

I'm a little behind on the new musicthat has recently dropped. I kind of switched up my listening style and went back to the days when 10,000 albumsdidn't drop in a three week span. Back when I had one new tape to play and I would just go back and forth flipping the joint in my walkman or letting itswitch to the other side in the car. Basically, really getting into an album one at a time. Therefore, I have a stack of 20 CDs that are still DS and "ondeck."

Back
Top Bottom