Can we end this Kobe/LeBron crap now?

I mean c'mon son......the youngin will have his time, but for now just enjoy watching the closest thing to Mike.....

Kobe just knows how to close a game...
pimp.gif

As we watch more and more of these two compete.

It should be clear as day that they are two different types of players.

Kobe is the scorer and closer.

Lebron is the dominator and beast.

The lakers are stacked, let's face it.

Put lebron in that mix and i'm confident they wouldn't miss a beat.

Lebrons only flaw is his jumper, he certainly drives the lane better. His defense trumps kobe's as well.

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Lebrons only flaw is his jumper, he certainly drives the lane better. His defense trumps kobe's as well.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The same Kobe who's been guarding the best perimeter player on the other team for his entire career up until Artest showed up...and the same Lebron who wasguarding Rafer Alston last year in the playoffs while he watched his frontcourt get TORCHED by Turk and Shard?

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The same Kobe who's been guarding the best perimeter player on the other team for his entire career up until Artest showed up...and the same Lebron who was guarding Rafer Alston last year in the playoffs while he watched his frontcourt get TORCHED by Turk and Shard?

dbkxkx.jpg

Your reaffirming the fact that the cav's slum outside of lebron, and mike brown is a defense dunce. It's apples and oranges when comparing positions,who else would a 2 guard D'up, besides another 2 guard, or a 3 from time to time. Bron floats between the 2, 3, and 4 depending on the team. Most lebrongame highlights have monster blocks scattered throughout them. I believe kobe has more finesse, but IMO lebron exceeds him raw talent. *waits for the dominantlaker stat sheets*

Your reaffirming the fact that the cav's slum outside of lebron, and mike brown is a defense dunce. It's apples and oranges when comparing positions, who else would a 2 guard D'up, besides another 2 guard, or a 3 from time to time. Bron floats between the 2, 3, and 4 depending on the team. Most lebron game highlights have monster blocks scattered throughout them. I believe kobe has more finesse, but IMO lebron exceeds him raw talent. *waits for the dominant laker stat sheets*
Monster blocks =/= Great Defense

Defense should be measured in how you defend your man on the ball...not how many blocks and steals you have.

You're arguing like 5 different points now. I spoke on the defense comment...which was laughable. Also...Lebron is not a 2 guard. He's a 3. Not onlythat...but he's 6'8 250. No excuse why he didn't guard Lewis or Turk for the duration of that series. He literally was defending the LEASTdangerous offensive player on the team in Alston. I understand not wanting to have your best player expend so much energy on the other end of the floor...butthat's what great players are supposed to do. Especially in the clutch when they were absolutely $+$%%%%+ on the Cavs. As a star player...you'resupposed to step up and guard the best guy on the other team. Just like how Kobe manned up on a bigger...stronger Melo last year in that series despite themnot playing the same positions.

Does he have more "raw" talent? Of course he does...but that's not what makes one player better than the other.

[Chappelle voice on his "many Daves" skit]
"F' Kobe! CARMELO ANTHONY!"

In the DMV forum, talking about some damn Kobe Bryant.
laugh.gif

Where was yo @*% when George Lynch, Doug Christie, and Vlade and 'em was winning 35 games a year, forcing Magic to coach, than come back to be a POWERFORWARD.

Oh, thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right.

You were cheering on the Bulls....................................
ohwell.gif

I'm aware lebron is a 3, i was stating that kobe guard predominantly guards his position with a 3 assignment here and there, while lebron regularly floatsbetween 3 positions throughout the course of a game. He didn't defend skip the entire series anyway, and its not like he was notorious for it throughoutthe playoff, he certainly wasn't guarding bibby or stuckey in their respective series.

Last time i checked a clean block is indicative of good defense.

Its easy to forget kobe 4 years ago, ready to leave, basically looking like the lebron of today. If only i had S&T archived from 05' when everyone wasscreaming about kobe ball-hogging, and inability to involve his teammates.

I'm aware lebron is a 3, i was stating that kobe guard predominantly guards his position with a 3 assignment here and there, while lebron regularly floats between 3 positions throughout the course of a game. He didn't defend skip the entire series anyway, and its not like he was notorious for it throughout the playoff, he certainly wasn't guarding bibby or stuckey in their respective series.

Its easy to forget kobe 4 years ago, ready to leave, basically looking like the lebron of today. If only i had S&T archived from 05' when everyone was screaming about kobe ball-hogging, and inability to involve his teammates.
laugh.gif
The Cavs didn't see any mismatches until the Orlandoseries...he had no reason to guard one of those guys. But when them boys from Orlando came through and you've got two 6'10 guys who are guardsbasically absolutely destroying your team...that fact that at 6'8 250 and all the athleticism in the world wasn't guarding them it matters...saysenough. There's NO WAY you can get around that.

If you're seriously going to sit up here and tell me that blocks are indicative of good defense overall...then you obviously have never player any realbasketball in your life. If you're an athlete...it doesn't require much to catch someone from their blind side and block a shot. It's the reasonwhy Josh Smith leads the league in blocks and why Wade blocks so many shots for a 6'4 two guard. It's not like they're big men and their blockingshots at the basket straight up or something. Defense is measured by a combination of man to man on ball D and help D. Not how many blocks you get or stealsyou get. It's why Battier and Ron Artest are held in high regard as defenders. How many times you've seen them on Sportscenter blocking shots? Yougonna tell me Lebron are better defenders than them too?

So...04-07 Lakers = Current Cavs? SERIOUSLY? You're seriously sitting here telling me that Kobe then looked like the Lebron of today? The same Lebron whowas on a 60 win team last season?

kobe is the closest to mike cause he's a carbon copy... he's nice but i can't respect that. wade, lebron, melo and others have their own stylewhich is why they are different types of players.

the moral of the story... kobe's a %@@

Originally Posted by PUSHA C

kobe is the closest to mike cause he's a carbon copy... he's nice but i can't respect that. wade, lebron, melo and others have their own style which is why they are different types of players.

the moral of the story... kobe's a %@@
Devoid of logic, full of hate.

Good day sir.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

I'm aware lebron is a 3, i was stating that kobe guard predominantly guards his position with a 3 assignment here and there, while lebron regularly floats between 3 positions throughout the course of a game. He didn't defend skip the entire series anyway, and its not like he was notorious for it throughout the playoff, he certainly wasn't guarding bibby or stuckey in their respective series.

Its easy to forget kobe 4 years ago, ready to leave, basically looking like the lebron of today. If only i had S&T archived from 05' when everyone was screaming about kobe ball-hogging, and inability to involve his teammates.
laugh.gif
The Cavs didn't see any mismatches until the Orlando series...he had no reason to guard one of those guys. But when them boys from Orlando came through and you've got two 6'10 guys who are guards basically absolutely destroying your team...that fact that at 6'8 250 and all the athleticism in the world wasn't guarding them it matters...says enough. There's NO WAY you can get around that.

If you're seriously going to sit up here and tell me that blocks are indicative of good defense overall...then you obviously have never player any real basketball in your life. If you're an athlete...it doesn't require much to catch someone from their blind side and block a shot. It's the reason why Josh Smith leads the league in blocks and why Wade blocks so many shots for a 6'4 two guard. It's not like they're big men and their blocking shots at the basket straight up or something. Defense is measured by a combination of man to man on ball D and help D. Not how many blocks you get or steals you get. It's why Battier and Ron Artest are held in high regard as defenders. How many times you've seen them on Sportscenter blocking shots? You gonna tell me Lebron are better defenders than them too?

So...04-07 Lakers = Current Cavs? SERIOUSLY? You're seriously sitting here telling me that Kobe then looked like the Lebron of today? The same Lebron who was on a 60 win team last season?

now that i'm back.

i knew you would bring up blind side blocks,and yes i've played school ball up until college, but anyways i was referring to his blocks intransition/outlet scenarios where there is no time to get set. his defensive prowess earned that MVP last year as much as the scoring, so i don't know whatyour seeing to think he's getting blown by on every defensive trip.

the orlando series wasn't even a surprise though, they had trouble with them all year, plus they had a horrible defensive scheme for containing oversizedguards.

the cav's are as good as lebron, take him out and there probably a less than .500 team, which is reminiscent of the post shaq kobe. finals appearance andall, it was off the strength of lebron.

i'm not a cav's fan.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

[Chappelle voice on his "many Daves" skit]
"F' Kobe! CARMELO ANTHONY!"

In the DMV forum, talking about some damn Kobe Bryant.
laugh.gif

Where was yo @*% when George Lynch, Doug Christie, and Vlade and 'em was winning 35 games a year, forcing Magic to coach, than come back to be a POWER FORWARD.

Oh, thaaaaaaaaaaaat's right.

You were cheering on the Bulls....................................
ohwell.gif

dude it's not my fault ur mob relies on Earl Boykins to close games out....I would bsalty too.

And for arguments sake, Lebron won't b better than Kobe until he gets that killer instinct, a CONSISTENT jump shot, becomes a betterdefender and gets some 1 on 1 moves....u can't run over people all the time homie, good teams aint having it.

kobe is the closest to mike cause he's a carbon copy... he's nice but i can't respect that. wade, lebron, melo and others have their own style which is why they are different types of players.

the moral of the story... kobe's a *#%

I can't talk sports with people like you.

Kobe is stronger physically than Mike was IN MY OPINION. 2 Guards in the 80s/90s were smaller than guys in the00s.

Later in age Mike settled for the mid-range jumper. Kobe still goes to the lane.

Mike was a fantastic defender, Kobe is too.

What's crazy about Mike is that at one point in his career he was a 51-54% shooter.

My-T.

Kobe is better shooting from 3 than Mike and a better ball handler....the killer instinct is why folks compare the 2 so much tho....Lebron isnt there yet....

Devoid of logic, full of hate.

how you figure? kobe hasn't adopted mj's whole entire game???

everything i stated is truth

you havent stated anything.

Yes, Kobe has some moves that resembles MJ's moves, but is that his entire game? no. Mike closed games, Kobe closes games. does that make him a carboncopy? no, that just makes him a great player. GREAT players close games. GREAT players lead their teams to championships. whats the one thing in common thatkobe has with MJ that Wade, Lebron and Carmelo dont have? the ability to lead a team to a championship.

but you would probably want Kobe to be in the same position as they are, needing people around them to make them better as a player, when really, Kobe makesthe players around him better. If Lebron and the rest were just better team leaders, then they too would be accused of acting like MJ. but since they cant youpoint your finger at the one man who got it right. Kobe.

Lebron is an amazing player, but he cant take his team to that next level. not right now at least... and you cant blame his team... because a couple years agoKobe was in the same position. and they won a damn championship last year. and you cantt say that they have ron artest, because they didnt have ron artest lastyear.

the cavs as a whole (including Lebron) need to step up. Lebron has the skill in his game, but does he have the leadership skill?

MJ did, Kobe does, damnit, a lot of the greats have it. so stop blaming Kobe for Lebrons inability.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

I can't talk sports with people like you.

Kobe is stronger physically than Mike was IN MY OPINION. 2 Guards in the 80s/90s were smaller than guys in the 00s.

Later in age Mike settled for the mid-range jumper. Kobe still goes to the lane.

Mike was a fantastic defender, Kobe is too.

What's crazy about Mike is that at one point in his career he was a 51-54% shooter.

My-T.

I can dig that, yall just can't agree that him and mj share the same playing style.

I never brought up lebron, i was just stating that kobe is tryin to be mj 2.0

son is NASTY, there's no denying that and he's the best player in the game; not my favorite, clearly lol, but he's the best since he won that lastchip.

fyi the lakers do have the most talent in the league, hands down. how can 4 of your starting 5 and your sixth man easily average 20 pts on another team??????but that's another discussion...

Back
Top Bottom