Can we get a R&B/Soul/Neo-Soul thread?

Robert Glasper Experiment - Calls (ft. Jill Scott)

I was hoping Glasper would release another straight forward jazz release but I'm good with his r&b stuff too. Black Radio 2 drops Oct 29. Here's one of the songs from the upcoming release & the track listing below.

1. Baby Tonight (Black Radio Intro)
2. I Stand Alone ft. Common and Patrick Stump
3. What Are We Doing ft. Brandy
4. Calls featuring Jill Scott
5. No Worries ft. Dwele
6. Trust ft. Marsha Ambrosius
7. Yet To Find ft. Anthony Hamilton
8. You Own Me ft. Faith Evans
9. Let It Ride ft. Norah Jones
10. Persevere ft. Snoop Dogg and Lupe Fiasco
11. Somebody Else ft. Emeli Sandé
12. Jesus Children of America ft. Lalah Hathaway and Malcolm-Jamal Warner

^ heard the samples for Brownswood Bubbler 10 on OKP, Gilles puts me on to so much great music. That Phil Owusu song is great, I bought it off his bandcamp when he first released it.

Black Radio 2 tracklist looks interesting...no doubt RGE will put out good music, but interested to see how some of those features blend.

Yasmin - Thinking About You

Love this Whitney Houston cover from the Londoner. She & producer Billon completely re-imagined the song. Also including the Futurewife Remix.

The original

Last edited:
Erykah Badu - Window Seat & Gone Baby, Don't Be Long

I love Questlove's drumming... Doesn't need a huge kit to set a tight a** rhythm. Such a classic album....

Hiatus Kaiyote - Nakamarra (ft. Q-Tip) & Jekyll

Posting this band again because they're bad as s***.

Donald Fagen - I.G.Y. & The Nightfly,

Do people know about this album from the Steely Dan braintrust? I love this dude. His interviews are so fuel of poison & venom which belie the vibe in his music...

wondering how people are feeling this TGT album. I think it was actually a good project. Just wayyyyy too much Tyrese. as a group they lack balance.

Live performance from Electric Wire Hustle of their new single #BlackWater... new album BlackWater/Love Can Prevail on the way

:nthat:

Miami Players Club - Foreign Affairs & You've Got To Be Real

Something a little different for the r&b thread...

I been waiting for him to make a transition to a sound like this forever. He can kill any sound vocally but real instruments, hip hop/neo soul is what his vocals should be on. Put out a cohesive mature sound and he will drop a masterpiece. Somebody Else and this joint...I like the direction. I wonder if he still getting Cole on this like he said.

Last edited:

Denitia is vocally better than Sene but I still like the first track a lot.

Last edited:
Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher

Old school like the old school...

Just picked up Jaheim and Raheem DeVaughn's new album.

Wasn't feeling John Legend's new album. Production was boring and it's not my type of R&B

Still got TGT on repeat

Last edited:
Willie Hutch - The Shortest Distance (Big K.R.I.T. - Neva Go Back)

Never understood why this song was so short... Glad K.R.I.T. used it for his song...

Some of ya'll might know this song from Hutch...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom