Can we get an OFFICIAL JOBS Thread, though? vol. tips, whos hiring?

damn, its tough out here in these streets, b.  who's hiring (other than UPS)...specifically in NYC..lets connect and actually network, though NTers

damn, its tough out here in these streets, b.  who's hiring (other than UPS)...specifically in NYC..lets connect and actually network, though NTers

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

Mayor, there's already a thread about it and it never works :/
damn word?...
tired.gif

well if nobody has connects or know of any job openings, how about some tips/tricks on how to separate yourself from other applicants. i need help building a resume as well

well if nobody has connects or know of any job openings, how about some tips/tricks on how to separate yourself from other applicants. i need help building a resume as well

Originally Posted by th0ugh

if its an online app and it asks your race/ethnicity, just pick white, i always do and im black.. i think that helps, even tho online apps are b/s

if its an online app and it asks your race/ethnicity, just pick white, i always do and im black.. i think that helps, even tho online apps are b/s

laugh.gif
...about them online apps..do they ever call you/email yall?  i just applied online for Home Depot

laugh.gif
...about them online apps..do they ever call you/email yall?  i just applied online for Home Depot

ive asked before on tips on lying sellin yourself with good anecdotes that feature ur leadership skills n your strategies on resolving conflict but folks aint help out 
nerd.gif

but if you got good stories keep em hand for the interview...tip is to be well prepared for those questions, a good story drives the point home that u know how to handle things, even if you know how to handle things

ive asked before on tips on lying sellin yourself with good anecdotes that feature ur leadership skills n your strategies on resolving conflict but folks aint help out 
nerd.gif

but if you got good stories keep em hand for the interview...tip is to be well prepared for those questions, a good story drives the point home that u know how to handle things, even if you know how to handle things

laugh.gif
yeah they call you, thats the only way to get a job now really...i got in at bestbuy applying online and had a few interviews from applying online.
looking for a job myself 

laugh.gif
yeah they call you, thats the only way to get a job now really...i got in at bestbuy applying online and had a few interviews from applying online.
looking for a job myself 

it would help if you could narrow down which industry you are looking for. In nyc, obviously finance is the dominant industry.  Regardless you should go through your contacts - friends, family, friends of family members, and alumni to network and get your resume out there.  Something even as simple as just letting ppl know you are looking (try to be specific about what kind of job you are looking for) so they think of you if they hear anything.  A lot of the job hunt is about persistence and exhausting all potential options available to you. 

it would help if you could narrow down which industry you are looking for. In nyc, obviously finance is the dominant industry.  Regardless you should go through your contacts - friends, family, friends of family members, and alumni to network and get your resume out there.  Something even as simple as just letting ppl know you are looking (try to be specific about what kind of job you are looking for) so they think of you if they hear anything.  A lot of the job hunt is about persistence and exhausting all potential options available to you. 

Back
Top Bottom