Can We Talk About The Jay-Z/Dame/Beanie Situation? vol. !$%#+! Up or Necessary Evil

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by cguy610

It's not like these dudes are Jay's childhood friends or something.  
what about Jaz-O??? 
laugh.gif
According to Jay, Jaz aint wanna sign the deal. Thought he was worth better than the offer. 
U see Ty Ty still under the wing and Bleek. 

Originally Posted by illphillip

^^^

All 3 of those had also been on labels before and had some degree of success before they got to IDJ.

If you look at the Roc roster, you could really only say that about Diplomats.

I won't deny that Jay had a hand in the success of those artists. I am not trying to knock Jay at all. He is clearly successful and we can all learn a lot from him.

I'm just responding to some of the statements being made in the thread directed at Dame and trying to show a little balance here.

I know. I was just trying to recount all artists I could think of that Jay "signed" to DJ ...

Dame was P.Diddy without the business savy & smarts.. he made some good moves but he some bad ones at the same damn time *in my future voice*

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Brandon3000
what about Jaz-O??? 
laugh.gif
According to Jay, Jaz aint wanna sign the deal. Thought he was worth better than the offer. 
U see Ty Ty still under the wing and Bleek. 
true, i do remember hearing that...and yeah, Ty Ty still sippin' mai tai's 
laugh.gif

paraphrasing...the folks who claim Jay-z did them wrong, only complain about what Jay didn't do for them, never anything about Jay did to them.

roll.gif
At you dudes thinking Jay was anything more than a artist. The Roc became what it was due to Dame, as did Jay. Jay is a talented rapper, Dame's persona is what got Jay his exposure he bullied his way into the scene and held his ground for Jay and for the Roc. Money creates opportunity, Jay took advantage of those opportunities once the money came, and he simply didn't care about who he stepped on. It's that simple. A politician is the perfect way to describe Jay, he does well when it comes to creating a positive illusion of himself. Aside from the money, there's really no comparing him and a guy like 50

Sure it didn't.

I've spoken on this before on here. What happened between them is between them. My issue more so was all these so called "Jay Z/Rocafella" fans *$+%*!@% on Dame when the fallout happened.

Like, all these Jay stans chose sides in a beef that wasn't theirs.

If you a Jay fan, you damn sure should respect Dame for his role in making this movement happen. When cats like Combat Jack, who were actually there, say that with out Dame Dash there would be no Jay Z and no Rocafella, that should tell you something.

As for Dame and his business practices, well, it didn't seem like Jay had a problem with them when nobody knew who he was and those same business practices were helping his cause.

Then he gets to a certain point and turns flips on everyone for the same thing that helped make it all happen?

Business is business. Understood. But let's look at both sides of the coin.
dude, get off your A&R high horse...if you would've bothered to read the rest of the post I even stated that Dame basically started Roc-a-Fella out his trunk and made it what it was....i'm not ignorant to what Dame did to help them become the #1 rap label, i was strictly talking about the situation that i created this thread about......
Truth hurts huh?

I do A&R? Word?

You know alot! And for the record, that cornball crossing out of words doesn't prevent people from still reading them.

You caught feelings from the first line. I stand by it. You can say it all you want. The rest didn't even apply to you directly. But apparently struck a nerve.
mind-blown.gif

Back
Top Bottom