Can you cook? ??

anyone else find cooking to be relaxing? There's literally days where i get into cooking moods and i will leave work pass by the super market and then go home and chef it up. Also do you guys cook food that is from your culture or do you guys mix it up. I mix it up i make Spanish food and dishes but i also make pasta and other kind of food. 
Honestly, cutting onions, peppers, etc , PREP is really relaxing man. Therapuetic. Throw on a podcast, and cut away.

anyone else find cooking to be relaxing? There's literally days where i get into cooking moods and i will leave work pass by the super market and then go home and chef it up. Also do you guys cook food that is from your culture or do you guys mix it up. I mix it up i make Spanish food and dishes but i also make pasta and other kind of food. 

I zone out when I cook. I find it to be very relaxing. I think some of it comes from having some semblance of control in the kitchen. I determine what I want to cook, how much of each ingredient to use. I can get creative and throw together things that I think might taste good. I cook mostly Filipino food, but also make a decent fried chicken, pot pie, lasagna, and a few other things.

If anything, I enjoy feeding people more than eating my own cooking. But I am very picky about what I serve people. If I don't like the way something turns out, I get really anxious and feel bad about serving it to other people. If I'm alone, it's not a big deal.

Devbx.gif

I actually hate the preparation if I have to cut a lot of raw chicken or vegetables. I hate how slimy chicken is and how I have to wash everything thoroughly after cutting it up. Washing all the dishes I used is tiring also.

what y'all season your steaks with ? 

garlic salt

ground pepper

chicken? 

cumin/paprika

lemon pepper

sea salt

red pepper flakes

I actually hate the preparation if I have to cut a lot of raw chicken or vegetables. I hate how slimy chicken is and how I have to wash everything thoroughly after cutting it up. Washing all the dishes I used is tiring also.
Yea dealing with raw chicken is a PAIN

Question here, might be a #CulturalDifferences

Do yall wash your raw chicken off before cooking it?

Wash all meat before I cook it.

This

I not only wash it but I soak it for a few hours just to get all the excess blood and other things they spray on it out.

garlic salt
ground pepper

chicken? 
cumin/paprika
lemon pepper
sea salt
red pepper flakes

Steaks: I season with sea salt, black pepper before cooking. I let it marinade for like half an hour. Then half-way during the cooking process (~4 minutes in), I put in thyme, garlic powder, and butter. I pour a tiny bit of vegetable oil on the pan before searing the meat

Chicken: depending on the dish, but I usually season with fish sauce,or fresh squeezed lemon/lime juice

I wash/scrub chicken with a thick layer of salt

Last edited:

garlic salt
ground pepper

chicken? 
cumin/paprika
lemon pepper
sea salt
red pepper flakes

Thyme and garlic are a must on my chicken.

I'd say I'm a 6/10. I can follow directions but not great if I have to freestyle or adjust. I've been a big fan of making chili lately since it's usually not too many dirty dishes lol

Steaks get salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and natures seasoning patted into the meat before going to sear on pan with oil.

Put in thyme and butter and sear to a medium.

:smokin

Combine this with the friend rice and :smokin :smokin

Some people do too much with a steak.. don't put too much on it and take the flavor of the meat away. It's hard to ruin a steak, but overdoing it is definitely one way of doing that.

What cut do you all prefer?

Ribeye? Bone in? Boneless?
Filet Mignon?
New York?

I saw dude earlier said it's either dry aged, wagu, or nothing. :smh: wish i had money like that lol

Not always but I mix it up sometimes with steak

Garlic salt
Salt pepper

Or just steak seasoning and call it a day

Sometimes salt pepper and a lil tiger sauce

I cook it in a small amount of olive oil and butter.

I'm not some impressive steak maker. I just cut some garlic, rub it on the steak, sea salt, fresh ground pepper in a pan with olive oil, butter and the garlic I rubbed it with.

I have taken up to cooking on sundays...  I always make breakfast

my wife cooks during the week , yeah he can cook but she doesnt enjoy cooking so her meals can be hit or miss.....

I take sundays as my day for seasoning making a few dishes which is always crack .. (my kids love my food more) 

i need to learn how to make a few more dishes though... 

Last edited:
Man, I used to be like a 8 - 9 cooking super fancy meals when I was still in college, but once I started working and getting home at like 8 PM I've only been cooking stuff like chicken breasts, baked vegetables, and rice 
mean.gif

I can do very basic stuff, tilapia, burgers spaghetti.
I just never set aside the time to prep/learn how to make new things.
I'm always seeing vids posted by tasty on fb that i want to try, but i never get around to it.
I'm an artsy person, and as much as i love good food, it seems that i would try my hand at culinary arts.

I'm not some impressive steak maker. I just cut some garlic, rub it on the steak, sea salt, fresh ground pepper in a pan with olive oil, butter and the garlic I rubbed it with.

This is me most times, and it will do. When I feel like kicking it up I add thyme, allspice and rub some scotch bonnet peppers over the steak.

Back
Top Bottom