Can you try jordans on at the release?

On release day shoes at the spots I go to, they give out tickets to people in line to match the stock they have. Meaning,they ask you the size you want while in line, and when you get to the cashier to pay for your pair, they get you that size. So in effect, even if it doesn't fit you, you are stuck with that size cause the next size up or down is already spoken for with the tickets they gave out. As far as shoes where they have more stock (military blues, obsidians), or if there wasn't a line, they usually let you try them on if you want. I bought the floor samples for the metallic 5's and oly 6's being the last pairs and they let me try them on.

i never understood how some go in full boar on sneaker collecting while their feet are still growing
to actually wear or have the shoes in the moment and not see them as investments for the future. they are shoes. not gold or diamonds

Not here, that's why I have an oversized pair of Oly 6s collecting dust half size down? Maybe for wide feet! more like 1 to 1.5 size down.
Speaking of which, how do you edit sigs now....

Last edited:
to actually wear or have the shoes in the moment and not see them as investments for the future. they are shoes. not gold or diamonds

No, but many of us buy shoes and expect to be able to wear them for several years, at the very least. If your feet are still growing, you would outgrow them in a couple months. Might as well get a generic pair of shoes than a $180 pair of Jordans.

It seems like the "fit" of these shoes is a very popular subject on here now. Not that I'm recommending this, but I used to wear shoes a full size too big because that's all they had left and I had to have them. It seems like the way the shoes fit used to not be as big of a deal, is this just me?

Also, if you're cool with the store employees they might let you try them on if you go in a day early. I know a dude at FNL and for the oly 6s & playoff 12s I was really curious about the leather quality so he let me see a pair the day before release. They may not let you try them on, but its worth a shot...

It seems like the "fit" of these shoes is a very popular subject on here now. Not that I'm recommending this, but I used to wear shoes a full size too big because that's all they had left and I had to have them. It seems like the way the shoes fit used to not be as big of a deal, is this just me?

Also, if you're cool with the store employees they might let you try them on if you go in a day early. I know a dude at FNL and for the oly 6s & playoff 12s I was really curious about the leather quality so he let me see a pair the day before release. They may not let you try them on, but its worth a shot...

It wasnt a big deal to me as a kid. As an adult I have large feet. Large feet look goofy on people of my demeanor (5'9" and 140 lbs) I try to get shoes as small as possible. Besides the tighter the shoe the less it creases

No, but many of us buy shoes and expect to be able to wear them for several years, at the very least. If your feet are still growing, you would outgrow them in a couple months. Might as well get a generic pair of shoes than a $180 pair of Jordans.
not me. im already full grown and in grad school but when i was young. i bought what i wanted w money i saved or that my parents gave me. my parents or i never went the cheap route and bought clothes or shoes crazy big so that they could save a few bucks. i think id live a pretty deprived life if i couldnt wear things i like just bc i was growing. might as well have ur kids wear potato sacks for clothes and planks of wood for shoes to save money since theyll obviously outgrow everything until theyre 18-22. looks like ur just penny pinching. all the jordans, pennys, filas and reeboks i had back then. i now have them in my adult size and am so glad i have those memories of wearing them at that age whether it was 7 or 17. thats why i have them in my collection now. its bc of those memories. i can look back and show my kids pics of me in whatever i had on and tell stories of whatever memories i had in that moment. anyways. almost everything is being retroed and will continue to be retroed. especially jordans since thats whats keeping that brand alive. like i said. some people collect kicks to actually wear and dont see them as investments. i know the value of my shoes but i dont put a dollar sign next to them each time i look at them

No stores let you try them on here if there is any kind of line. Here u line up out side and they pass out tickets out side with what size u are getting. You don't get to see them tell after u buy em lol

It's something that you can do in most stores, but it can be a **** move depending on the situation. For most shoes you should probably already know your size anyway. You have to realize that you're trying on shoes that someone else is going to buy, and then they're not going to be DS. Plus you're slowing down the line, not that it really matters, people have been there for hours, a few extra seconds won't hurt anyone. The only issue I have with it is that you're un-DS-ing shoes someone else is buying.

not me. im already full grown and in grad school but when i was young. i bought what i wanted w money i saved or that my parents gave me. my parents or i never went the cheap route and bought clothes or shoes crazy big so that they could save a few bucks. i think id live a pretty deprived life if i couldnt wear things i like just bc i was growing. might as well have ur kids wear potato sacks for clothes and planks of wood for shoes to save money since theyll obviously outgrow everything until theyre 18-22. looks like ur just penny pinching. all the jordans, pennys, filas and reeboks i had back then. i now have them in my adult size and am so glad i have those memories of wearing them at that age whether it was 7 or 17. thats why i have them in my collection now. its bc of those memories. i can look back and show my kids pics of me in whatever i had on and tell stories of whatever memories i had in that moment. anyways. almost everything is being retroed and will continue to be retroed. especially jordans since thats whats keeping that brand alive. like i said. some people collect kicks to actually wear and dont see them as investments. i know the value of my shoes but i dont put a dollar sign next to them each time i look at them

I can totally see and respect you for doing that. Keeping sneakers that remind you of childhood memories is awesome. I was just trying to say that, if someone's foot is growing quickly, it wouldn't be smart to spend tons of money on many pairs of expensive sneakers (ie. building a collection) because they won't be wearable later on and you'd have to re-buy a new size of everything.

Everyone's got a different opinion and that's just mine. I don't have kids yet, but of course I wouldn't buy cheap if I could get them something of high quality. I just don't see the point of buying a TON of clothing and sneakers if they're still growing. That would be a waste of money, and is not considered penny-pinching.

this sums up the sneaker culture now a days. can't even try a shoe on before you buy now? so i have to blindly throw 200 at a shoe that i hope will fit? never knew it was such an epidemic. what a joke.

yeah fnl here also lets you try them on here... they hand out tickets but tickets dont have sizes on the tickets like footaction does here

I can totally see and respect you for doing that. Keeping sneakers that remind you of childhood memories is awesome. I was just trying to say that, if someone's foot is growing quickly, it wouldn't be smart to spend tons of money on many pairs of expensive sneakers (ie. building a collection) because they won't be wearable later on and you'd have to re-buy a new size of everything.
Everyone's got a different opinion and that's just mine. I don't have kids yet, but of course I wouldn't buy cheap if I could get them something of high quality. I just don't see the point of buying a TON of clothing and sneakers if they're still growing. That would be a waste of money, and is not considered penny-pinching. 
i feel ya. i was just bringing up a point of personal value and worth. i dont regret having things that i can longer use or wear now bc they were items i genuinely liked and am still fond of. i dont know about u but when ur still growing up. u tend to live on a fixed income whether it be through ur parents or whatever circumstance bc chances are. ur still rather young. i know there are families out there w unlimited funds but id assume most people who are still growing dont have much of a collection to begin w in a typical or average household

I've never had to try a Jordan shoe on release date (where there was a LINE prior to the release.)

The reason is because I wear a 13, but some model Jordans run big, so a 12.5 would be okay too. The stores I go to don't carry a 12.5, so its always 13 or bust!

i would hope so. i mean if its a brand u never had before it would be wise to see how they fit. 

I usually buy all my shoes online so I don't have the chance to try them on. I think it's ridiculous if the store doesn't let you try on a shoe before you buy it. My usual size is a 10.5 so if it's a shoe I really want, I usually end up getting a 10.5 and a 10. I know I end up spending more money but at least I have one pair that fits.

Here they go down the line and ask what size you are and put them aside before they let people in. I don't think trying to try them on would go over to well. I just go for my normal 11, some shoes I can squeeze into a 10.5 but my feet are wide so I'd rather have a little extra space then not be able to wear them at all because they're too tight. If they crease because they're a lil big, whatever, they're shoes, they're meant to be worn. I don't really like to wear shoes with sneaker shields, but if they are really big,throwing in those can fix the issue somewhat :smokin

Last edited:
i wouldnt do it just bc. If every one in line did it would take forever. I dont think people should be allowed to.

Im cool with not tryiNg on my pair. imagine waiting for 100+ cats trying on there shoes we'd be in line all day...I usually cop 11.5 and hope for the best...

Back
Top Bottom