Can you wash shoes with lunar foam in them?

So my brother in law runs in the Lunar Trainers and he washed them the other day. I tried them out and they seriously feel like they have no paddinganymore. Do you think this is directly related. I thought I remembered hearing that Lunar foam can't get wet?

It was probably the washing that did it in. I'm betting that the rubber casing is still permeable, and lunar foam must have been ruined or something. Ihope he didn't dry them either.

sounds like a real act of stupidity
eyes.gif

So can you wipe the shoes at least with a wet towel and wash it with dishwashing liquid? After my GM kobes get dirty after awhile as well as my breds i want toclean the outside of the shoes. Is that way safe?

lunar foam is known to bottom out...if he runs in them a lot thats more than likely the case.

Originally Posted by s dubl

lunar foam is known to bottom out...if he runs in them a lot thats more than likely the case.
Especially if he's a big boy.

Light guys (140-170) have nothing to worry about.

is that the case plus him washing them?

well he's 140 pounds so not a problem there. I believe it was the washing because it literally felt like a different shoe after he did that.

Originally Posted by size twelve

washing like a washing machine?

great way to ruin any shoe.
True for leather/suede/nubuck shoes, but its the best way to clean out mesh shoes like Air Maxes and Runners.

i have washed mesh shoes in the dishwasher in the top rack before but never in the washing machine....i didn't want to sit in a pool of water in thewashing machine.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

but doesnt kobe and the rest of the lakers weigh in at least about 190-200 lbs? but i guess they do get new shoes like everyday haha

Originally Posted by changstae

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

but doesnt kobe and the rest of the lakers weigh in at least about 190-200 lbs? but i guess they do get new shoes like everyday haha
Basketball forces your foot to land hard while playing. Which is why the heavier force from the body weight causes the Hyperdunk to bottom outafter heavy playing.

I have had 2 pairs and both have been through the wash on a gentle cycle in a pillowcase. Neither have felt different post wash. His probably just bottomedout.

Back
Top Bottom