Canada Sports channels Unnapreciation

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by wttm

i dont think ESPN would ever come here because TSN is owned by ESPN or somewhat affiliated with them?
The Sports Network (commonly known as TSN) is a Canadian English language cable television specialty channel and is Canada's leading English language sports television channel. TSN premiered in 1984, in the second group of Canadian specialty cable channels. Essentially designed as a Canadian version of ESPN, the extremely successful American all-sports cable channel, TSN remains the top-rated service on Canadian cable and satellite television owned by CTV Speciality Television Inc. (managed by CTVglobemedia.)

Kudos for dispelling the myth, that explains why all the curling, hockey, and basically all non-ESPN-esque behavior of TSN.

i dont think ESPN would ever come here because TSN is owned by ESPN or somewhat affiliated with them?
The Sports Network (commonly known as TSN) is a Canadian English language cable television specialty channel and is Canada's leading English language sports television channel. TSN premiered in 1984, in the second group of Canadian specialty cable channels. Essentially designed as a Canadian version of ESPN, the extremely successful American all-sports cable channel, TSN remains the top-rated service on Canadian cable and satellite television owned by CTV Speciality Television Inc. (managed by CTVglobemedia.)
well if you got that from wikipedia, it does say ESPN owns 20%. I did read that on wiki before i posted it but theres other content in the read thatsuggests TSN does indeed operate under/with/affiliated with ESPN. so yeah dont think ESPN will come here anytime soon.

[table][tr][th=""]Launched[/th] [td]September 1, 1984[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Owned by[/th] [td]CTV Speciality Television Inc. (CTVglobemedia 80%/ESPN 20%)[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Slogan[/th] [td]Canada's Sports Leader[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Country[/th] [td]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Canada.svg Canada[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Broadcast area[/th] [td]National[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Headquarters[/th] [td]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Ontario.svgToronto, Ontario[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Website[/th] [td]tsn.ca[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Score was the best until they changed it up and put on "the spin" and play it like 5 times a day

Cabbie needs more air time and the 2 guys that come on at 10pm

Yo realtalk,
I went to my buddy's dad's 50th birthday and got drunk with Dutchy from TSN and the dude KNOWS his basketball.
He's a funny dude though with a FINE wife. DAMN.

^
laugh.gif

Gino Reda and Darren Dutchyshen are my 1-2.

"Pippen ain't easy..." - Dutchy

pimp.gif

well if you got that from wikipedia, it does say ESPN owns 20%. I did read that on wiki before i posted it but theres other content in the read that suggests TSN does indeed operate under/with/affiliated with ESPN. so yeah dont think ESPN will come here anytime soon.

[table][tr][th=""]Launched[/th] [td]September 1, 1984[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Owned by[/th] [td]CTV Speciality Television Inc. (CTVglobemedia 80%/ESPN 20%)[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Slogan[/th] [td]Canada's Sports Leader[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Country[/th] [td]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Canada.svgCanada[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Broadcast area[/th] [td]National[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Headquarters[/th] [td]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Flag_of_Ontario.svgToronto, Ontario[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Website[/th] [td]tsn.ca[/td] [/tr][/table]

Yea, I did get that off Wiki, obviously not the most trustworthy site...
laugh.gif

Thanks for the info.

The Score was the best until they changed it up and put on "the spin" and play it like 5 times a day

Cabbie needs more air time and the 2 guys that come on at 10pm

True Story.

I really hate Sunday nights, because all three, TSN, Sportsnet, and The Score have poker, when the biggest news of the day is the Sunday Raptor game or the NFLplayoffs/season games.

Back
Top Bottom