Cannabis Use During Adolescence Causes Schizophrenia? (Study)

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

any drug used during a time when a young person is still developing is not a good idea.
true indeed.. but so many MJ proponents are completely unwilling to acknowledge that like any drug.. MJ can have negative effects.
anyway..  I read the story as use during adolescence can cause a person to be more prone to schizophrenia. 

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

any drug used during a time when a young person is still developing is not a good idea.
true indeed.. but so many MJ proponents are completely unwilling to acknowledge that like any drug.. MJ can have negative effects.
There are fanatics when it comes to anything. Almost all MMJ proponents, including myself, have conceded that there may be negative effects. But it is IMPERATIVE that the U.S. takes marijuana off of the list of schedule 1 drugs so more testing can be done. 

But they just came out with a study showing how schizophrenic people have more advanced brain activity going on. How it's the same part of the brain activated that causes people to be musical and artistic prodigies. The same part of the brain that allows people to associate colors with smell, sounds with shapes etc, see peoples aura etc...

We just need balanced truth. Not rhetoric. We are constantly trying to be persuaded to allude to some idea. Why can't we just have the facts and none of this swaying of people all the time with our medical research.

Neva' put a blunt to these succulent lips
smile.gif

I could believe this. One of my friends has been smoking like a chimney since high school. Tons of weed, poor diet and exercise, lack of sleep due to studies, and a family history of mental illness are what I believe helped trigger his schizophrenia/depression last year. It was really terrifying.

^ the study doesn't say marijuana causes schizophrenia, they say it can interact with a certain gene and increase the risk of developing schizophrenia. Don't know why so many people are reacting like the study claims marijuana directly causes schizophrenia.

Back
Top Bottom