Can't believe this happened in my city...Vol. Indiana State Fair

I'm a radio host and was on the air when this happened. Had just finished an interview with Miguel and then...phone lines blew up about this. Looks like some straight Final Destination movie scene.
eek.gif
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

At least 4 confirmed dead. A lot of people injured.

Someone embed.

http://www.youtube.com/wa...re=player_embedded#at=27

Smh this was a jerk to get in and edit. And it got rid of my original comment. You had me thinking it was something crazier.

RIP
frown.gif

Wow, that's crazy.

Happened here a few years ago when some scaffolding blew off a building as people were leaving work. They eventually found out that the construction company had been cutting corners.

I hope that this one was just a freak of the weather and not shoddy work.

r.i.p. to whoever put that up pockets......lawsuits out the +#!

r.i.p. to the people too......freaky way to leave this earth

Wow. Definitely making me thinking twice about outdoor events, stages, and bad weather.

RIP.

RIP

there was a stage collapse at a rather large country music festival up here 2 years ago as well
frown.gif

1) genius move allowing the festival to continue with what looks like Twister being re-enacted over there.

2) I would be beyond livid if I get to the Pearly Gates and the dude in front of me is like "I saved a bus of orphans from impending doom" and all I can say is "Ah was waitin for Sugarland."

Jesus Christ my man. I heard about this last night but I didnt see a video of it. I know people that were there but thank god none of my friends were hurt or killed. I cant believe they actually kept the people around with conditions like that. I mean I understand they were planning on evacuating if it got worse but that looks pretty damb bad to me. RIP to those who lost their lives last night.

Still crazy to think this happened at the fair though. To think ive been sitting right there for a concert before
30t6p3b.gif
  Not to mention im going to a concert tonight (not at the state fair) but this could happen anywhere

RIP to those that lost their live....let it be known, some serious law-suits will be a coming.  The structure needs to be erected with a high wind load in mind. I'm only speculating, but this seems to not have been taken into consideration....
tired.gif

Afteer watching the video a couple of times it seems they are extremely lucky only 5 people lost their lives. The way that stage came down on the first couple of rows, not to mention if there was anyone on the actual stage. From the video alone you would think that way more people would have been killed

I don't know why they didn't postpone or cancel the fair if the weather was that bad. Any details on how strong the wind was?

^Ah, thanks.

It's fortunate the number of people who died isn't as high as it could've been. But I also really feel sorry for those who got badly injured; they'd have to live the rest of their lives being disabled and not have certain body parts.

Originally Posted by VietStar

^Ah, thanks.

It's fortunate the number of people who died isn't as high as it could've been. But I also really feel sorry for those who got badly injured; they'd have to live the rest of their lives being disabled and not have certain body parts.

this is what i was thinking. im so sorry to hear about this.

They said wind gusts were around 70 mph. Still 5 confirmed dead...which I am also shocked that more people aren't dead.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom