Capital One Credit cards??

Just wanna know if anyone has expieriences with the platinum card. Never really had a CC and dont wanna start out using a bad one so im just taking suggestions on how to build good credit slowly.

- It has No annual Fee. its mastercard
- 0% intro until september 2011 on purchases, 17.9 variable APR after that
-Start with manageable credit line, and automatically access more credit when you use your card within 5 months and make your next 5 monthly payments on time.
- Protection if your card is ever lost or stolen

So what do you guys think?

Just wanna know if anyone has expieriences with the platinum card. Never really had a CC and dont wanna start out using a bad one so im just taking suggestions on how to build good credit slowly.

- It has No annual Fee. its mastercard
- 0% intro until september 2011 on purchases, 17.9 variable APR after that
-Start with manageable credit line, and automatically access more credit when you use your card within 5 months and make your next 5 monthly payments on time.
- Protection if your card is ever lost or stolen

So what do you guys think?

I have a Capital One CC. It's not bad, nothing special though. Mine doesn't offer any cashback incentives or anything like that. Discovercard now, is pretty good to me. Every month is a different cashback incentive, i.e. groceries, gas, etc.

I've had Capital Once since '08 and my limit has only gone from $1000 to $1200 though. I don't know why.

I have a Capital One CC. It's not bad, nothing special though. Mine doesn't offer any cashback incentives or anything like that. Discovercard now, is pretty good to me. Every month is a different cashback incentive, i.e. groceries, gas, etc.

I've had Capital Once since '08 and my limit has only gone from $1000 to $1200 though. I don't know why.

i been thinkin about getting this same card since they just sent me an offer. I actually teach a class about credit and this looks like a good card still a little unsure if I should take it though

i been thinkin about getting this same card since they just sent me an offer. I actually teach a class about credit and this looks like a good card still a little unsure if I should take it though

credit cards will get you into a big debt.
My first cc was with capital one. They charged me an annual fee of 59.00 just to have their card.. I closed it 2 years later (This was in 06) with $0.00 remanding in my balance. Earlier this year I got a letter saying I owed them $700 something that I never paid off. I gave them the middle finger a long with a letter from my attorney and my receipt showing them I paid it off. Never heard from them again. KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPT SHOWING THAT YOU PAID THEM. Or else they'll try to scam you.

credit cards will get you into a big debt.
My first cc was with capital one. They charged me an annual fee of 59.00 just to have their card.. I closed it 2 years later (This was in 06) with $0.00 remanding in my balance. Earlier this year I got a letter saying I owed them $700 something that I never paid off. I gave them the middle finger a long with a letter from my attorney and my receipt showing them I paid it off. Never heard from them again. KEEP ALL YOUR RECEIPT SHOWING THAT YOU PAID THEM. Or else they'll try to scam you.

i was thinking about the same one but does anybody have a better suggestion for a first credit card

i was thinking about the same one but does anybody have a better suggestion for a first credit card

Originally Posted by tyisny

#fail because of what... I wanna know why this one is so bad or if there is a better alternative

I was saying fail because it's not a good way to go...you're PAYING a company for credit and in return you get high interest rates.
In this day in age "credit" is obsolete, I have a 612 and it's considered bad. If all you're looking for is a debit card try "Mango", or "Rush Card".
Credit cards ruin your credit EVEN after you pay them off and you'll still have to file bankruptcy to get it cleared.

#fail because of what... I wanna know why this one is so bad or if there is a better alternative

I was saying fail because it's not a good way to go...you're PAYING a company for credit and in return you get high interest rates.
In this day in age "credit" is obsolete, I have a 612 and it's considered bad. If all you're looking for is a debit card try "Mango", or "Rush Card".
Credit cards ruin your credit EVEN after you pay them off and you'll still have to file bankruptcy to get it cleared.

Originally Posted by Stockholm Patriot

Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif

Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ Patriot

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Antoine-Dodson-Gif.gif
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif
@ Patriot

Back
Top Bottom