Car Accident Injury Claims Help

So I got into a car accident near the end of March. The thing is when I made my statement to the insurance claims adjuster, I told him I did not have any injuries. But after a month has passed, my neck and shoulders are starting to feel real tight. I really need to go to a chiropractor and get my neck adjusted. Is it too late to claim injuries? I have not settled my claim yet. And the claims adjuster is a real douchebag I know hes trying to make me settle for the lowest settlement.

you might have to get a lawyer and chiropractor isn't the best option. Talk to the lawyer he will probably refer you to a physical therapist.

I had an accident 2 years ago. The best thing to do is get a lawyer and make sure it's a good one. You should always go to the hospital after an accident to make sure you're straight though. My lawyer sent me to one of their chiropractors and I didn't have to pay while doing my sessions. You shouldn't have waited so long though, I waited a couple days and my lawyer was pissed.

NO, not too late to claim injuries. Once you file an injury claim you can go see whoever you want for treatment. Provide them the claim number and you won't have to pay up front. You don't necessarily need a lawyer. Once treatment is done you'll negotiate for treatment costs and funds for you.

What's a chiropractor got to do with soft tissue damage? Quack quack.

NO, not too late to claim injuries. Once you file an injury claim you can go see whoever you want for treatment. Provide them the claim number and you won't have to pay up front. You don't necessarily need a lawyer. Once treatment is done you'll negotiate for treatment costs and funds for you.

I feel like the claims adjuster is going to say some @#$% like, "But you did not say that in the statement". I can just fight that?

I feel like the claims adjuster is going to say some @#$% like, "But you did not say that in the statement". I can just fight that?

Look up the statue of limitations in your area, being that the accident was a month or 2 ago I'm almost positive you can present an injury claim. I will say though that the adjusters job is to settle your claim as quickly as possible for the lowest (fair) amount. If you want to assure that the adjuster is paying you what your injuries are worth I would retain an attorney. Don't expect to get rich though because you do have a large gap from the time of the accident to your 1st chiro/therapy/doctors visit. Good luck tho OP

Just talked to my cousin and he said I can still present an injury claim. I really just don't want to be out of pocket after all the bills and stuff. Thanks for the input guys

Back
Top Bottom