Car Auctions Vol. LA

It's not just limited to just LA county but does anyone have any experience buying a car from a police auction?I have about 4000 and I need a car ASAP.

With that kind of money you'd be better of buying something from a private seller in a suburb. Maybe a Camry of an old lady or something. I wouldn't buy a car from an auction unless I was knowledgeable about cars or only had enough for a hooptie(2g's or less).

Which ones have you been to? I've only been to a few out here in the valley. Just make sure if you do go that route you take all the precautions, bring a mechanic or a friend knowledgeable about cars with you. Alot of them post the pictures online, you can get the tow yard sites through OPG. Then take the Vins and run them through carfax so you can see if even the nice ones have been repaired.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Which ones have you been to? I've only been to a few out here in the valley. Just make sure if you do go that route you take all the precautions, bring a mechanic or a friend knowledgeable about cars with you. Alot of them post the pictures online, you can get the tow yard sites through OPG. Then take the Vins and run them through carfax so you can see if even the nice ones have been repaired.
LOL you basically laid out my process but I haven't been to one yet. I planned on going next week. I did see this on CL:
http://losangeles.craigsl.../lgb/cto/2913004563.html

If it checks out then I may forgo the auction.

hahaha, I basically bought the same car off craigslist in green, was a 99' though with 116k miles for $3,400 and that was back in 2010, you can find a better deal than that.

bump
nerd.gif

my cousin bought a 09 fusion off a car auction but he went with someone familiar with auctions and all the car needed was a new bumper. but it had a salvage title which brought down the price.

There's one in Carson I think, I had a few friends that would clean up over there. But they were mechanics and knew exactly how much those cars were really worth. So you should def take someone that knows a lot about car.

yeah my best friend is very familiar with cars so we're going to go.....I'lll google those auctions....thanks guys!

Keep any helpful information coming. Even if it's craigslist pointers, good cars within a price range, etc. I hope this thread can help more people than just me.

Matter of fact, what do you guys think of Crown Vics?

like the p71/PI units? are they reliable cars?

Back
Top Bottom