Car Heads, I Need Some Input

I'm looking to getting a new car and I've got 2 cars that I have found for around the same price and mileage. I'm just looking for some input from you guys.

My first choice is an '01 BMW 330i sedan in a sandy beige color, this is 1000$ dollars cheeper than my other choice, but has around 5,000 more miles.

pics:

specs:

• 3.0L (183) DOHC 24-valve I6 engine w/variable valve timing
  • 5-speed manual transmission w/direct 5th gear
  • Rear wheel drive
  • Traction control w/Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)
  • MacPherson strut front suspension w/forged aluminum lower arms, hydraulic cushions
  • Multi-link rear suspension w/cast aluminum upper transverse arms
  • Front/rear stabilizer bars

• P205/50R17 all-season SBR tires
  • 17" x 7.0" radial-spoke alloy wheels
  • Full-size spare tire w/alloy wheel
  • Variable engine-speed-sensitive pwr rack and pinion steering
  • 4-wheel disc anti-lock brakes w/front/rear electronic proportioning
  • 16.6 gallon fuel tank
  • Drop-down tool kit in trunk

My second choice is a black '04 Nissan Maxima SL ,in black, it is $1000 more and has around 5,000 less miles on it.

Pics (not the same car that im buying, but the same car except this ones is an SE):

No specs listed online for this one, or otherwise i would post em.

Prices? I would say the bmw without a doubt. 5000 miles more isnt that much. Whats the mpg on em??

bmw. whats the mileage?

actually if you want class and swag, bmw.
but if you want reliability cheap maintenance and gas, nissan

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Prices? I would say the bmw without a doubt. 5000 miles more isnt that much. Whats the mpg on em??
bmw gets 21mpg city and is about 12-13k (depending on how low i can get em)

nissan gets 20mpg city and is about 13-14k

Did you put maintenance into your equation? I'll look into more of the maintenance, forget about all the bells and whistles both vehicles may come with.Can you afford to maintain a BMW? Can you afford to maintain a Nissan? Goods choices but don't give yourself a headache in the long run if you can'tafford to maintain a BMW. I'll go with the Nissan.

Do BMW's really have a tendency to need more maintenance than other cars? Any input from any BMW owners?

Well, what is the mileage on the cars?

Id get the Maxima, I woudnt mess with an 01 Bimmer, especially not in that color.

Originally Posted by nick0lis

• [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]5-speed manual[/color] transmission w/direct 5th gear
pimp.gif

and ive always loved those stock spoke rims.
pimp.gif

as far as the "BMW Maintenance" is concerned.... all cars are gonna suffer from wear and tear.

people just like to naysay about these exquisite German Car Manufacturers.

I don't like the color of the 330i but I'd still easily take that over the Maxima. You can NEVER go wrong with a 3 Series.

that 3 looks so outdated though now

it doesnt help when i see so many of these all day everyday

just get the nissan.

BMW_Breyton_IAA_2005.jpg

Originally Posted by Al Audi

just get the nissan.
*looks at sn*

grin.gif

just get the nissan.
*looks at sn*

grin.gif
nah man 3 series is always good money

you wanna get an 01 3..........if you said at least 05..............

do you though.

legit answer. id just get the maxima if i were you.

lets be real though if thats your budget

then the nissan makes so much more sense

cost of ownership is way lower, it will last you way longer, etc.

next car, when you're more financially established.....that's when you get the bmw

just get the nissan.
*looks at sn*

grin.gif
nah man 3 series is always good money

you wanna get an 01 3..........if you said at least 05..............

do you though.

legit answer. id just get the maxima if i were you.
nah bro i understand, im just yankin your chain (nh)
laugh.gif

tired.gif
dude... e46 3series = classic.

OP, in all honesty...

1. go test drive both
2. get carfax.
3. if they both drive and check out smoothly, then revert back to this thread.(all replies in this thread are bias and opinionated)

I'm a BMW guy until death, but I agree with these guys. If you can't afford the maintenance on the Bimmer, go with the Nissan.

Originally Posted by DayDayz e36

tired.gif
dude... e46 3series = classic.

OP, in all honesty...

1. go test drive both
2. get carfax.
3. if they both drive and check out smoothly, then revert back to this thread.(all replies in this thread are bias and opinionated)

bmw-e46-m3.jpg
not like he posted this e46

that joint look boring an outdated. an based on the situation seems the nissan more pratical

Bimmer maintenance = death. You could spend the same amount on upgrading your maxima as maintaining your bimmer. I drive an 05 G35 RWD Sedan and am prettysatisfied thus far. That bimmer looks outdated meanwhile that maximas interior is nice if you get it with the extra features and if not, you could always addon and it isnt that expensive. With that being said, 09 335i > 09 G37S so suit yourself.

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Bimmer maintenance = death. You could spend the same amount on upgrading your maxima as maintaining your bimmer. I drive an 05 G35 RWD Sedan and am pretty satisfied thus far. That bimmer looks outdated meanwhile that maximas interior is nice if you get it with the extra features and if not, you could always add on and it isnt that expensive. With that being said, 09 335i > 09 G37S so suit yourself.
Agreed but the hell? How is that relevant to the thread.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Originally Posted by nyybaseball423

Bimmer maintenance = death. You could spend the same amount on upgrading your maxima as maintaining your bimmer. I drive an 05 G35 RWD Sedan and am pretty satisfied thus far. That bimmer looks outdated meanwhile that maximas interior is nice if you get it with the extra features and if not, you could always add on and it isnt that expensive. With that being said, 09 335i > 09 G37S so suit yourself.
Agreed but the hell? How is that relevant to the thread.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
yea...........wth?

Back
Top Bottom