car heads. pls help..coolant leak problems..

i have a 07 jeep commander and i was getting an oil change and when i got my car they said that there was a possible coolant leak..he told me to put a towelunderneath my engine over night and see the color but i didnt even have to do that because right when i got home i saw the leak and it was color orange orpinkish.. i was just curious how much a repair would cost and what would happend if i keep driving with this problem.. thanks in advance..

it really depends on whats actually the problem...
it could be a number of things, it could be big it could be small, expensive or cheap.
*cracked resivior tank
*simple overheating
*thermostat...etc

you would have to get it looked at by some a1 mechanics to fully know whats wrong!

Depends on where its leaking from, and if all your coolant leaked out there is a possibility of your engine overheating

Just make sure your coolant levels are good until you can have it fixed.. I would say anything from $100-200 including parts and labor

I had a coolant leak and it turned out I had to replace my radiator. That was like 500 bones. If it's not too bad you could just top it off every so oftenit gets low but you're going to want to get it fixed. A coolant leak could be a bunch of things. When they do a pressure test on the coolant system theyshould be able to tell you whats up and how much it will cost. My advice: get it fixed now rather than it getting worse, your car overheateing, then causingsome uber major damage.

Originally Posted by SwanginOn4z

it really depends on whats actually the problem...
it could be a number of things, it could be big it could be small, expensive or cheap.
*cracked resivior tank
*simple overheating
*thermostat...etc

you would have to get it looked at by some a1 mechanics to fully know whats wrong!

thermostat wouldn't cause the leak and neither would overheating..check your radiator hoses both upper and lower..it could also be your radiator..couldalso be a worn seal on the water pump..also check your manifold gasket..blown head gasket..

Where there leaks prior to you getting the oil change? Sometimes they try to get you like that, i mean its a 07 it shouldn't really be leaking unless thehose or something got pinched, or somethings not sealing right.

If you do have a leak hopefully it's just a hose pretty cheap and easy to replace depending on where its located.

Back
Top Bottom