Car heads rusting, oxidation, peeling.

I just picked up a used but good condition car, want to keep the exterior in pristine condition.
Any products or tips to stop the above ?

Thanks in advance

Rusted panels needs to be replaced or the rust cut out and patched. How much rust you talkin bout? The the #1 thing to look for when purchasing a car..

Move to California.

Seriously though, the exterior is easy to do - just keep it clean. Especially in winter you need to keep the salt off it. The underneath is harder - and more important. There are places around here that in February were offering chassis cleaning which seems a good idea. Basically an off the ground hot wash of the underneath to get rid of all the stuff that must be stuck there.

around here ? like where ?

You live in NY ?
oh and not that much rust just like a small patch here and there.

rust seems like a pretty serious issue.. oxidation however.. Wash, Clay, Rubbing Compund, Polish, Wax.. in that order.. very tough and time consuming process, but believe me.. the end result will be totally worth it.. i just detailed my brothers car not too long ago.. using these exact steps.. the difference was amazing.. the paint felt alot better than it looked.. ill try to upload pics in a bit..

you can really see the oxidation on this picture.. it was really bad.. pictures really dont do it justice..

and the birds eye view.. as you can see, its really a night and day difference, but like i mentioned before.. how the paint feels is alot better than how it looks.. GLASS SMOOOOOTH.. 
pimp.gif

Wash, Clay, Rubbing Coumpound, Polish, Wax.... hope i helped.

Back
Top Bottom