*Car Heads* Where can I shop/look for Classic Cars to buy?? Besides Ebay?? 71 or 72 Chevelle FTW!!!

Whats up car heads of NT...

I am looking for other sites and/or places to be able to look for classic cars to buy other than Ebay..

I have been lookin on ebay for the pass week and tried of waitin for new listings to pop up. I am mainly lookin for either a 71 or 72 Chevelle in the pricerange of 1.00- 3,000.00. I use to have other sites bookmark a year ago when I was in the market....but dont know the websites names now...

Just got my income tax of a lil over 6g's and lookin to buy a rollin chassis (no motor no trans) for 3g or less, put the rest in the bank, and then fix upthe chevelle with my work checks...

Im in Detroit Mi just in case somebody in the surrounding states has one or know of someone with one for sale that dont need major work...

I know the AutoTrader have a classic trader BUT dont have a website to look at them online...

Somebody please help...tryin to cop now in the winter...and be finish with it B4 spring !!!!!

thanks in advance....

Craigslist.

I got my '72 off Craigslist last year. It took me a while to find a Chevelle worth buying, in my price range, but once I finally found it, I was ecstatic.

Originally Posted by Let Me Post

Craigslist.

I got my '72 off Craigslist last year. It took me a while to find a Chevelle worth buying, in my price range, but once I finally found it, I was ecstatic.

Hit me with a PM homie. I wanna see those pics still.
pimp.gif

Craigslist.

oh so thats where you got yours from?!! what state are you in?? I am going to search every state...and see what I can find...I will just make the drive ifI have to far....

And yeah post pics.....I love CHEVELLES!!!!

thanks tillmatic

Anymore help on here??? I know its a million and a half car sites on the net...so where do they classified the classics??????

You may have some luck on the Team Chevelle Forums... http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds/

I saw a few 70-72 rollers on there that may interest you.

Your best bet is Ebay, Craigslist, and that Forum. I found both of my cars online...you just got be on there everyday like a hawk.

You still have that Impy? Hows that motor swap?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by awash242

You may have some luck on the Team Chevelle Forums... http://www.chevelles.com/classifieds/

Your best bet is Ebay, Craigslist, and that Forum. I found both of my cars online...you just got be on there everyday like a hawk.

pimp.gif

Yeah im on there...and look at some...but most GOOD shape ones on there is too high...thats like coming on here and tryin to buy some ajko from somebodydirt cheap...its not going to happen because they know their stuff and know what they tryin to sell...
Thats why ebay is kind of good when somebody dontknow what they are tryin to sell...

I know you have the monster Grand!! But what else you got??

Yeah I still have the 63 and I test drove the 454 after it was dropped and then parked it for the winter....
ohwell.gif
so can t wait till summer...

Originally Posted by FENKELLandBIRWOOD

pimp.gif

Yeah im on there...and look at some...but most GOOD shape ones on there is too high...thats like coming on here and tryin to buy some ajko from somebody dirt cheap...its not going to happen because they know their stuff and know what they tryin to sell...
Thats why ebay is kind of good when somebody dont know what they are tryin to sell...

I know you have the monster Grand!! But what else you got??

Yeah I still have the 63 and I test drove the 454 after it was dropped and then parked it for the winter....
ohwell.gif
so can t wait till summer...
Yeah thats true. I guess your best bet is ebay and craiglist....maybe your local newspaper classified. Im sure theres plenty of classic muscle inDetroit. But yea, my other car is a 87 Monte Carlo SS

^^pics of that Monte!!! I forgot all about the paper LOL ...call me stupid!!! lol..

I know people in autotrader want top dollar...

Goin to get a paper in 30 mins >LOLL

^^pics of that Monte!!! I forgot all about the paper LOL ...call me stupid!!! lol..

I know people in autotrader want top dollar...

Goin to get a paper in 30 mins >LOLL

The Monte is under construction right now...in the process of getting prepped to go to the paint booth at the end of next month. I'll get some pictureswhen its back together.

^how much is everything runnin you?? was it a rollin too? or was it all together and you just beefin it up?
Nope it was running fine, ive had it for 5 years and i wanted to modernize it a bit. Just finished the suspension work and everything. Got a new carpetand everything in the interior is getting wrapped in black alcantara, with the exception of the dash thats getting wrapped in black leather at my buddies shopwhile my body guy takes care of the paint prep and paint, etc. I do most of the work myself, my paint is gonna run me $2000, but thats with a pretty hugediscount. I did all of the disassembly myself, and ill be doing the reassembly (trim, lights, door handles etc) I plan on posting the build pics from start tofinish eventually.....I don't wanna post in increments after seeing how Cam got flamed for the Saturn...even though mine will be done in another 2 months.

Craigslist.

Hit me with a PM homie. I wanna see those pics still.
pimp.gif
haha, man, I never found my USB cord. I got pics of everything from my brand new grilles and bumpers, to my Baer brakes, to my 12 bolt.

And yeah, I got mine of Craigs. IMO, thats your best bet.

Right now, it's getting ready to go under the knife and get painted. Should be within the next few weeks. I've been laggin a bit. The engine is alreadycopped, and right now I'm just in the market for a transmission. My ****** f'd up on my a few weeks back. The car's gonna be taken apart to bepainted. Once the firewall's painted, I'll be dropping the motor/transmission in, then it'll go back into the shop to finish the paint.

Once the paints done, the 12 bolt, brakes, rims/tires, and interior will be done.

Then... it's time to go for a cruise
laugh.gif

Right now, it's getting ready to go under the knife and get painted. Should be within the next few weeks. I've been laggin a bit. The engine is already copped, and right now I'm just in the market for a transmission. My ****** f'd up on my a few weeks back. The car's gonna be taken apart to be painted. Once the firewall's painted, I'll be dropping the motor/transmission in, then it'll go back into the shop to finish the paint.

Once the paints done, the 12 bolt, brakes, rims/tires, and interior will be done.

laugh.gif
Damn Im anxious to see those big Baers. What color paint did you decide on? My monte is getting Alpine White with black trim. im pretty excited to gether done

^Yeah, the Baers are huge. Paid top dollar for them too.

Chevelle will be a rasberry color. It's a dark red, similar to crimson.

Your Monte will be sick when it's done. Should be an absolute beast too.

^how much is everything runnin you?? was it a rollin too? or was it all together and you just beefin it up?
Nope it was running fine, ive had it for 5 years and i wanted to modernize it a bit. Just finished the suspension work and everything. Got a new carpet and everything in the interior is getting wrapped in black alcantara, with the exception of the dash thats getting wrapped in black leather at my buddies shop while my body guy takes care of the paint prep and paint, etc. I do most of the work myself, my paint is gonna run me $2000, but thats with a pretty huge discount. I did all of the disassembly myself, and ill be doing the reassembly (trim, lights, door handles etc) I plan on posting the build pics from start to finish eventually.....I don't wanna post in increments after seeing how Cam got flamed for the Saturn...even though mine will be done in another 2 months.

yeah thats whats up!!!! I will def be all over that thread!!! See thats what I do, I "try" to do everything myself so I can cut costsomehow...
But yeah post pics....

Right now, it's getting ready to go under the knife and get painted. Should be within the next few weeks. I've been laggin a bit. The engine is already copped, and right now I'm just in the market for a transmission. My ****** f'd up on my a few weeks back. The car's gonna be taken apart to be painted. Once the firewall's painted, I'll be dropping the motor/transmission in, then it'll go back into the shop to finish the paint.

laugh.gif

Thats whats up!!! Wish I was in the stage you in now!!! So how much was it??? And what state you cop it from???

And how about both of ya post the color so I can know!!! Thanks because I am still lookin for a crazy color nobody wont have here in Detroit....

^Yeah, the Baers are huge. Paid top dollar for them too.

Chevelle will be a rasberry color. It's a dark red, similar to crimson.

Your Monte will be sick when it's done. Should be an absolute beast too.
Thats sounds like the perfect color for a Chevelle. You decide on any wheels yet?

laugh.gif

Thats whats up!!! Wish I was in the stage you in now!!! So how much was it??? And what state you cop it from???

And how about both of ya post the color so I can know!!! Thanks because I am still lookin for a crazy color nobody wont have here in Detroit....
House of Kolors Kandy Brandywine on a 71-72 Chevelle would shut your hood down...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom