Car Insurance heads...need you help

Originally Posted by qwerty330

so my brother called his insurance agent GEICO and they told him that since he only has liability coverage on his vehicle, they can't send someone out to take a look at the damages..wth
I have the number to the apartment complex's insurance agent, but he isn't in his office...fml

Your insurance has nothing to do with anything. Why would you call them to come check it out anyways?

Ok so here's the story.  Two days ago, the roof of the parking lot where I park at collapsed and landed on about 15 cars..mine being one of them
today, the apartment complex tells me that they will begin removing the debris from our cars and that I should contact my insurance adjuster to take a look at the damages.  Here is the problem: the car is registered under my brother cause his insurance is literally 5x less than what mine would be.  Would he get in trouble if the insurance adjuster comes and realizes that I'm really the one driving the car?  Would he get fined or something like that?  From what I can tell, the damages to my car are minimal..maybe a few small dents but windows aren't broken so maybe it's not worth it to call my insurance adjuster.
Thanks in advance
If you have ''other than collision'' coverage, it would be covered under that.  Also, check what ''deductible'' you have.  If the damages are less than the deductible than filing a claim won't do anything.  

Ok so here's the story.  Two days ago, the roof of the parking lot where I park at collapsed and landed on about 15 cars..mine being one of them
today, the apartment complex tells me that they will begin removing the debris from our cars and that I should contact my insurance adjuster to take a look at the damages.  Here is the problem: the car is registered under my brother cause his insurance is literally 5x less than what mine would be.  Would he get in trouble if the insurance adjuster comes and realizes that I'm really the one driving the car?  Would he get fined or something like that?  From what I can tell, the damages to my car are minimal..maybe a few small dents but windows aren't broken so maybe it's not worth it to call my insurance adjuster.
Thanks in advance
If you have ''other than collision'' coverage, it would be covered under that.  Also, check what ''deductible'' you have.  If the damages are less than the deductible than filing a claim won't do anything.  

so my brother called his insurance agent GEICO and they told him that since he only has liability coverage on his vehicle, they can't send someone out to take a look at the damages..wth
I have the number to the apartment complex's insurance agent, but he isn't in his office...fml

sorry didn't see this update, but the complex owner is liable for this regardless, and if he doesn't have insurance to cover it, then you can sue him.

sorry didn't see this update, but the complex owner is liable for this regardless, and if he doesn't have insurance to cover it, then you can sue him.

Back
Top Bottom