Car Insurance Plug?

CrownRoyalDaddy

formerly tdoggy57
Is anybody here an independent writer or something? Tips besides dont get pulled over or crash?

My car insurance just made a big jump. I’ve been with Geico for about 8 years. I filed a small at fault claim where they paid out around $1500 a few months ago and they jacked my premium up $175/month. Besides that claim, i have one bad speeding ticket from 2015 (convicted in ‘16). No DUIs

I’m 25 with a brand new Lexus IS 300 AWD, so I expect to pay a bit. I just feel like a little over $550/month is a bit exorbitant and I’m looking for any help I can get on how to lessen the burden.

Thanks!!!

Yikes, Geico did you mad dirty. I do insurance claims and see rate hikes like this all the time. Id honestly just shop around for a new carrier.

You pay over $550 for car insurance? Or for the car?
Does your state offer a 5 hour defensive driving course? That will save you a few bucks for the next 2 years.

What is your out of pocket deductible? Another option that would lower your monthly bill is to increase your deductible amount. This means you will have to pay more out of pocket at the time of incident before insurance kicks in.

Just shop around. I wouldn't advise increasing deductibles. See people every day raise their deductible then make a claim & get mad at the world because they can't afford the deductible.I would stay away from small carriers too, everything is good with them until you actually need to make a claim.

Geico had me at 180$ for my 17 wrangler. Added the wifes 17 elantra which made it up to 300$ flat.

Undertandable since i hit a car backing up back in june, but Geico def did u dirty, damn.

You pay over $550 for car insurance? Or for the car?
Does your state offer a 5 hour defensive driving course? That will save you a few bucks for the next 2 years.

What is your out of pocket deductible? Another option that would lower your monthly bill is to increase your deductible amount. This means you will have to pay more out of pocket at the time of incident before insurance kicks in.

Thats $550 monthly for insurance.
I was paying $260/month with my scion frs until some 17 year old hit me and totaled it.
I got the Lexus last month and it went up to $375 which is expected.
Now its time for my renewal and it made the leap to $550.

Ive been shopping around with state farm and liberty mutual with no luck on getting a better rate. This is with a collision deductible of like $1k.

Thanks for the responses keep em coming. Im sure I’m not the only one out here getting robbed

Question:

Does claiming children between the ages 1-5 make insurance cheaper?

Question:

Does claiming children between the ages 1-5 make insurance cheaper?

Hell no. Dont even tell them you have any kids or teenagers. They usually increase the price cause of that.

I'm not sure they do have that safe driver insurance device that you plug into your car, to calculate how many miles u drive a month and charge you accordingly.

Not sure how it really works. Just Google info on it.

paying Geico $77.45/month. Managed to use a fraternity discount when I first got with them that took somewhere between $50- $55 off the total.

If you live in Cali or Oregon and you have a clean record check Wawanesa Insurance

I paid $640 for 6 months and I have a Ford F150, Acura TSX, and Full Size Range Rover :lol:

$550/ mo for insurance? That's waaaay to high. Something's wrong. I'm part of a group plan with 5 cars total and we only pay about $500/ mo for all 5.

Just switch, always get a better deal when I switch carriers. Be back and forth between geico and progressive because they give deals for new sign ups.

Just switch, always get a better deal when I switch carriers. Be back and forth between geico and progressive because they give deals for new sign ups.

This man knows.

2D198B71-035B-4975-8077-CCB319F8811F.gif

'13 Mustang
Very good diving record overall, 2 tickets in the last 5 years.
Progressive
104/month and still feel like I'm being swindled. Insurance is very necessary but there's no reason it should be that high.
Deductible is 2,000 though

Dawg $550 a month??? Lmao

Highest I paid for insurance before was like $200 and some change, but I was 20 in a brand new Lexus..

I’m with Geico now and pay like $70 on an 07 GS350. Had moving violations in the past, but I did online traffic school and had them wiped off my record.

I’m paying $150 a month for my car :smh:

I’m seeing people with srt8 and vettes paying like $50 a month for full coverage and all I saw is how sway... HOW

Back
Top Bottom