Car Lease is almost up..Can i turn in early?

I have a 2012 Acura tsx. I am 6 months away from the end of the 36 month lease. Do any of you have experience turning in your leased cars early.

I've been hearing of stories of some dealers reaching out to the lessee to bring the cars in 6 months out as there is still good equity in the car.

Not sure if i want another acura or buy something cheap, cash, to rid myself of monthly payments.

Would like to hear some of your experiences.

Thanks

Yes, there is an early buyout on most leases. Contact the dealer and find out how much they'll charge you. You can also find out what the buyout option is should you just want to buy the car outright.

The reason most dealerships put leases is because they can essentially sell the same care to two different parties since the lessee is mostly paying the depreciation cost of the car.

IMO... no car is worth having a monthly payment for. Once you don't have a payment, you'll never want to go back.

IMO... no car is worth having a monthly payment for. Once you don't have a payment, you'll never want to go back.
what's the difference between paying 15,000 in full and 312/month?
When you have to take $15k out of your account to make a purchase, you'll think twice about making that purchase. When you're amortizing it over a longer period, you're more likely to justify something more expensive. Plus, if you pocket that $312/mo. over a 48 month period, it's not going to be worth $15,000 at the end. With a good investing strategy, it'll be worth more like $20-25k while the car you bought will be worth more like $8-10,000

Acura will call and try to get you into a new car by telling you "YOUR CAR IS IN HIGH DEMAND AND WE WANT IT. BRING IT IN AND I WILL GET YOU INTO A NEW CAR FOR A CHEAPER PRICE".

Trust me, my wife works for a dealership and she tells me the little secrets.

Acura will only take it off your hands if you buy or lease another car from therm. If you dont want another Acura, not only do you have to finish paying it, but you also must pay any over mileage and damages on the car.

ARe you ready for all of this?

Back
Top Bottom