Car Paint Job. Any shop recommendations?

s0lefunk

Supporter
I'm looking into gettin my car painted. No custom candy paint or anything like that but just another factory color. My car is forest green but I want tohave it repainted silver, maybe black.

My Accord has a bad case of clear coat failure on the roof and some other minor scuffs here and there. I've considered taking it to MAACO but I want toknow if anyone in the area can recommend a good shop for prep and paint.

I hear mixed opinions about MAACO. Apparently their $250 job is terrible but their $450 job is pretty good if you do the prep work prior to taking it there. Can anyone here share their paint job experiences? Thanks

I've been looking for a good spot but for awhile (for a project I got), and the bottom line is for a 'good' paint job, sumthincomparable to original paints look and durability, your going to have to spend at least $2000..

Macco is good for a quick fix, but trust me, if you plan on having your car for a lil while than it isn't a good investment..

I know 2 ppl who got their cars painted @ Macco at around the same time (2 years ago), One was a 86 T-Top Camaro and was painted Red, the other was a 2002Expedition and was painted black..

Both paint jobs looked really good when they were first done, but now BOTH are peeling and cracking...

Mind you that they both got the cheapest one (Ambassador Paint Job?), So maybe the $450 one might be worthwhile...

I'd definitely be interested in seeing pics if you get it done

Back
Top Bottom