Car questions

I have a Crown Victoria paid off in full, but I want a smaller car for fuel efficiency. My question is would you trade your old car in for the sole purpose of having a bigger down payment?

I thought about both of those possibilities. My very first car got totaled and that sucked. So I know what it's like to not have a car for a while. That's why it's so tough to decide.

Depending on what car you get...you'll probably end up spending more getting a new car than you would just paying for gas on your current car so you wouldn't even be saving any money.

I have a Crown Victoria paid off in full, but I want a smaller car for fuel efficiency. My question is would you trade your old car in for the sole purpose of having a bigger down payment?
Never. If you're set on having a car payment, why not keep the CV and pay yourself (save) whatever you expected your payment to be. Within a year you can easily step up to a newer car. Let another couple years go by with the same strategy, then step up again. Before you know it, you'll have a pretty nice car to roll around in and you won't owe anyone anything.

Back
Top Bottom